The ghost of condor

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jussto, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I finally scored some Condor, and I'm anxious to try it, but I'm away from home with just a couple of pipes, one dedicated almost exclusively to LTF/LBF and one for aro's, mostly Vanilla Cream Flake.

The Condor smells awesome, and not like there is any kind of Lakeland, floral essence. My question is, do I go ahead and pack a bowl in one of the pipes I have with me, or is there something I'm not picking up on that would leave a ghost?

Thanks for your input!

J

ol gto likes this.
  2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

You've aquired the best!......load up and enjoy!
    OT

Jussto likes this.
  3. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Why not pick up a cob? I understand they are readily available in the U.S.

4. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

STOP!!! Be very careful with your pipe selection when smoking Condor. It has a powerful ghost, the kind that kills everyone but the main character in the movie. Old Ted will survive, but all others will perish.

Stop by a drug store, and pick up a cob.

My 2¢.

5. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I'll pick up a cob or a Grabow on the way to work today, I am just ready for "That Condor Moment!"

I usually have a pipe case with a few pipes to cover just about any blend, but yesterday I ran out of the house with just my two pipe case, not knowing I would be getting an order in.

Capt, RTOdhner and Mington like this.
  6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

+1 on the Ghost of Condor. It might not smell like it in the pouch, but once you light it up you're gonna know. I love the stuff, but it has a mighty powerful ghost.

7. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

How was your Condor experience?

Myself, I've dedicated one of my briars to Condor. My cobs are the unfiltered kind, and I find that smoking Condor in them is much too intense!

8. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I wound up dedicating a briar. I really like it, nice full flavor that is not overwhelmed with flavoring, just enhanced, and enough nic to satisfy. I just wish it was easier to find in the US! I may be in london this fall, and you can believe that if I am I will be stocking up!

Old Ted likes this.
  9. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

WTF is happening here! - Morse coming, Snake coming, and now Jussto coming!......all we need is YinYang and dwaugh coming over - for the sh#t to really hit the fan! :xd:
    (good news really!...honest!:rolleyes:)
    OT

Morse, Mington, Snake and 1 other person like this.
  10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

It's a reverse British invasion. :D

Old Codger and Mington like this.
  11. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I am a closet Condor smoker and not coming out yet. :bag:

12. Iain

Iain Active Member

I inherited a pipe from my Granddad that was strongly ghosted by condor, rather then waste time attempting an impossible exorcism with repeated salt/booze treatments, I made it my dedicated Condor pipe.

Snake likes this.
  13. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

There are a couple of great Condor ads on YT, I was going to put the links up here but I think it may be against forum rules, still, brought back a few memories.

14. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

What is it about Condor that makes the famous ghost? I've never tried it so I'm completely in the dark on this one.

Old Codger likes this.
  15. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

^this... interested as well..

16. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

There are many myths in the baccy world but the 'Condor Ghost' is actually no myth, Condor will ghost your favourite pipes every bit as much as your favourite lat bombs will. I simply dedicate a number of pipes to certain types of tobacco which is I'm sure what most smokers do and arrange the collection accordingly. I dont get too concerned about the Condor ghosting as I have pipes which I only use with the more traditional British type flavoured, dark/brown flake or plug types or tobaccos with similar toppings or casings. Similarily I keep a number seperate for the latakia forward blends such as Pirate Kake, Ten Russians or Commonwealth and the rest I use for Vapers etc. i dont go near the aro's for the simple reason that they do even more damage to the pipes with their gunge as well as their ghosting potential. Keeping say, a cob and a couple of different sized briars set apart for Condor and the same for the lats suits me fine, no great deal. :bing:

Old Ted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.