1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The lure of the 'Sea Foam'.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Old Ted, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gandalf7531

gandalf7531 Member

Enjoyed the read, OT. I'm hoping my next pipe will be a Meer.

2. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Thank you sir! - I hope you are soon able to aquire one....a worthwhile aquisition!

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Even more worthwhile smokin' 'em when you get the chance! Smokin' one now and had another this morning..............no wonder WillH only smoked 'em! Really tells ya what the leaf is all about.

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

4. Boomer-Z

Boomer-Z Member

Hello,
    The pipes look beautiful. I like the look of meers, but I have yet to see one in person. Can't find a store locally that carries them. Do you recommend buying them new or as estate pipes? Seems to me new might feel to be the best way, but I really don't know.

Thanks for the post!
    Z

5. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Like any pipe - it's always better if you are able to handle and examine a prospective purchase. With meerschaums this can be difficult - as they are not on display in B&M's to the extent of briars ( at least over here! ). Regular browsing of the auction site can show some nice estates, and of course you usually have the advantage of previous colouring - if that is a consideration. Here in the UK, I'm always on the look-out for meers in antique and curio shops - auctions etc., but most that I come across are very old and intricate carvings that command too high a price for me!. As for new meers - fortunately I can pick mine up on my annual Turkish holidays, where they are in abundance, but quite a few reputable distributers of Turkish meers do sell over the internet.
    Cheers, OT

6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Here's one from my favourite carver - Sevket Gezer (signature on stem) his floral and geometric patterns are excellent. Bought on one of my Turkish hols.[​IMG]

7. Grammaton

Grammaton Member

Gorgeous pipe. Looks like excellent craftsmanship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.