1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The Pipestud Gamble

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Sasquatch, Jul 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I like dealing with Steve Fallon just because he's a straight shooter. But the fun thing for me in dealing with http://www.pipestud.com/ is that pretty often he's got totally bizarre stuff. A couple months ago I bought a couple of tins from Dan Tobacco, no label at all, but full of a delicious Creme de Cassis aromatic. And a tin of really old Kentucky Gold from WO Larsen. Rusty old piece of crap paint-can tin. Love 'em both.

I can't say I've been too enamored with some of the stuff I've bought - but I make a point of buying totally off-the map blends that I've never seen or heard of, and that's the fun of it. Today I got a bag of Ramsgate, which is a tobacco that seems to be a love/hate thing. I got 8 oz so I hope I love. (Watch that trading section for a slightly used 7 oz bag of Ramsgate! LOL).

At any rate, this guy's worth doing business with, and the weird and ever changing selection of toby available makes the site a little addictive.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I've bought stuff off him as well for a while and I 2nd the guy being stand up ! He's a pleasure to do business with :th1:

3. Zfog

Zfog Member

He does get some interesting Toby. I have bought multiple pipes and tins from him and like you guys said he is always great to deal with.

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

+1 I have also had a good experience with him. Very professional.

5. Beale

Beale Active Member

Thanks for the link! I have just now bookmarked it, Beale.

6. DocB

DocB Active Member

Wow, what a coincidence. I just bid on some stuff of his on ebay this morning. If this is the pipestud out of Tx, that is...:)

7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

There's only ONE "Pipestud" merchant. But we all know that WE are all Pipestuds too! Some of us just less trained and versatile than others.

Every deal I've done with him has been successful and his shipping is normally rather fast. Have no fear dealing with him, unless you've pissed him off...........

Ed
    Puff

DocB likes this.
  8. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

I have at least a half-dozen pipes from his Ebay store. He answers questions promptly and is a fast shipper. I'd recommend Mr. Fallon to anyone.

9. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've bought quite a few tins from Pipestud, a few pipes and I've sold a few pipes through him as well. Definitely a stand-up guy. Currently smoking a 10 year old tin of Orlik's Dark Strong Kentucky I purchased from him a year or so ago.

10. DocB

DocB Active Member

I just bought a couple of tins from him today. My order has already shipped...:th1:

11. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

Having only slight experience with everything out there thus far, I want to buy one of everything he has. LOL I'll have to wait though.

12. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

Old thread, but I just want to add that I got my first order from him. He's very fast on shipping, I ordered it on Labor day and got it today.
    I bought a 100g time of 1999 Christmas Cheer, 100g 2006 Deep Hollow, 100g Scottish Blend (forget how old, maybe 5 years?), and 100g of 8 year old Cub Blend (one of my favorites).

The Club Blend is the only one I actually have tried before, but I couldn't resist the chance to not only try something new, but already aged for me. Should be fun.
    Now I just have to restrain myself from buying everything else he has...

13. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Thanks for the link Sas. This is a great site for us new smokers who weren't able to cellar some older stuff. I have bid on quite a few of his Ebay auctions, just haven't won anything yet.

14. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Steve is top notch in my book too. He is a good guy all around and I hope to meet up with him sometime.

15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

You bastard, I had my eye on the Deep Hollow and the Club as well. LOL - well done, hope you enjoy 'em!

16. user1975

user1975 Active Member

Thanks for the link, got him bookmarked now.

17. mtsgsd

mtsgsd Active Member

I actually contemplated not resurrecting this thread. I'd rather have him be a "secret". My altruism won out though. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.