1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The Post Man Commeth...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Coda, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Got a package in the mail today, from the great guys at marscigars.com. Ordered it Wednesday morning, got it at noon today (friday)...they have flat rate shipping too...I highly recommend them. Anyway...

What did I get? Well, as you can see from the below photo, I got a tin each of SG Squadron Leader, Dunhill London Mixture, and Sutliffe Private Stock R-Blend...I also got 2 oz of Balkan Supreme, and as they always do, they threw some "extra" in, so its more that 2oz.

[​IMG]

Ive only smoked the Squadron Leader so far, and I liked it. More mild than I thought it would be, but not in a bad way. Very pleasant. All of the components were balanced well, and they all made an appearance at some point of the smoke. I love the label on the tin as well...only, I feel it should be a picture of a Spitfire MkII...

I dont know what one to try next. I may go with the R-blend, because the tin note is very...interesting.

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Nice variety ya got there ! I'm about to make an order w/ Mars for the first time tonight . The R blend is real nice and is spot on w/ Revelation of the past . Enjoy , Coda !

Coda likes this.
  3. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Just smoked the R-blend...wow. I enjoyed it WAY more than I thought I would. It was a really tasty smoke. At first, I was getting an almost "buttered popcorn" vibe out of it, but then the virginias kicked in, and I got a really nice "dried fruit" flavor. The Latakia is in the background, and it works beautifully. Def one of my new favorites...the perique stood out as well.

4. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Nice bunch of baccy ya got there.. I've always liked dealing with mars

5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Enjoy , Coda !

6. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

Very nice selection, Coda. I really love the SL. It ages great as well. It gets very creamy with age!

Paul

7. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

So I just tried the Dunhill London Mixture. I had very high expectations for this...and it surpassed everyone of them. A perfect english; well balanced, and very tasty...

dwaugh likes this.
  8. Chriss

Chriss Member

+1 for your tittle XD!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.