The Right Stuff

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Stonewall, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I come home after taking my daughter out for breakfast, my wife had taken my son out of town for a sporting event this morning, and I have to work this aft, so I thought what better time to try out some of my toby purchases from Smokingpipes.

So I go to my chest where I keep my pipes and find my choice for a morning smoke. I pick out a half bent Rhodesian London Made that I've never yet smoked, sit it aside and peel the lid off the big tin of FMOTT.

Immediately I smell that smokey, fire and pepper smell emanating from the can. I take out a couple of pinches and pack it in the bowl.

Moments later I light up and, wow! I am really surprised. I had a feeling that I'd like this stuff from all the feedback and reviews I'd read....but I had no idea just how good this tobacco actually was until this moment.

I am smitten...:drly: I'm thinking this stuff should have been called Epiphany, rather than FMOTT.

Thanks to all of you here at PSF! I was so fortunate to find such a great place to explore this art/craft.

Now I'm paranoid thinking I need to buy as much of this stuff as I can so I'm ordering three more big tins to cellar.

Cheers, fellow pipe smokers! And thank you!

Mark w4mms, IrishRover and ol gto like this.
  2. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

Sounds like your weekend is off to a great start!

Stonewall likes this.
  3. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Sounds great! :th1: You've inspired me
    I think it's time for me to get serious about placing another order soon. I've never tried the stuff..I am putting that on the list for the next order..

Stonewall likes this.
  4. Capt

Capt Active Member

You should try it with 7 years of age on it! I'm usually not one to age English blends on purpose, but this one did it right. OTT is great tobacco!

Stonewall likes this.
  5. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

A great one to spend a weekend with! :puffy:

Stonewall likes this.
  6. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I've tried and liked many of the toby suggestions I've gotten here; but this one takes the cake.

Idon't believe you'll be disappointed, IrishRover. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did. It looks to be one I'll cellar a bunch of.

Cheers!

~Steve

IrishRover likes this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I'm going to work on that, Capt. I liked it so much I'm going to put some in the cupboard for keeping.:th1:

Capt likes this.
  8. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

You don't need to feel guilty for having so much fun without your wife.

Mark w4mms and Capt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.