1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The Smoking Lamp is Lit Throughout the Ship!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I came home from work today to find two packages in the mail. One had three tins of OGS and two tins of Presby. The other had two tins of Erinmore, a tin of Irish Oak (for St. Paddy's Day), and a couple of cobs and extra bits I picked up for a fellow PSF member who lives in Ireland. I love hauls like this, and my cellar continues to grow.

I'm gonna banish that horrid Sutliff Golden Age to the dungeon, sanitize the jar that held it with a flame thrower, and set out some Presby. The smoking lamp is lit!

Wicklow, ol gto and Jayson H Bucy like this.
  2. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

How much golden age do you have?

3. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

That is a nice haul! Enjoy RTO!

4. RTOdhner

Practically an entire tin.

5. RTOdhner

It's been about two years, I guess, since I last smoked Presbyterian mixture. Still a wonderful blend, and I'm gonna have to cellar a few more tins.

6. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Would you like to get rid of it? Trade maybe?

7. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

RTO, you're becoming a tobacco magnate when it comes to cellaring! :byg:

ol gto likes this.
  8. RTOdhner

I'm gonna star in my own TV reality series - Cellar Rats. I'll be a tinfoil hat wearing pipe smoker who rambles incoherently about black helicopters and government plots to seize pipes and tobacco stockpiles.

ruffinogold, Trauma, dmkerr and 4 others like this.
  9. EmperorGix

EmperorGix Member

Sounds a heck of a lot better than most of the stuff on TV now.

RTOdhner likes this.
  10. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Yes, Presby is good stuff. I smoke it a lot for a while then get bored with it. A month or two later it is wonderful again.

11. ol gto

ol gto Member

Nice haul.

RTOdhner likes this.
  12. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Had my first bowl of Irish Oak just the other day. Really enjoyed it. Kudos!

13. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I like it! You should wear military clothing and be heavily armed. Bullets in one belt and pipes in another and sputter "when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers" a lot. :D

RTOdhner likes this.
  14. ken davis

ken davis Member

WOW, I was laughing so hard at this... I cant wait for the show :snork:

15. RTOdhner

Scene: A run-down residence constructed from old cargo shipping containers (the big ones they load up on cargo ships). Against a far wall can be seen a singing catfish wall plaque, a pyramid of empty beer cans. and a Jack Daniels mirror. Another wall has a velvet painting of Elvis. Sitting at the table is yours truly, dressed in my finest "go to meeting" attire: hiking boots, cammo fatigue pants, belt with Lone Star Beer belt buckle, suspenders, a sleeveless black Lynrd Skynrd tee-shirt (three sizes too small for my beer but), and a cammo ball cap that proclaims something about God, guns, and guts. An enormous and well provisioned gun cabinet is to my right, and I have a Wilson Combat 1911 strapped to my hip. The cellar can also be seen: A 50 x 10 foot cabinet bursting with (fill in your favorite) pipe tobacco.

Dialog:

"Yezzir, the Zionist Occupation Government, or ZOG as we in 'the know' call him, infiltrated a mooslam sleeper agent into Hawaii, got him elected so he can allow a ex-per-dishon force comprised of UN and Wersaw Peck forces to launch a secret military operashun from a secret base in the Sonorum desert. They will then enforce a UN protocol, the Camp Koolaid A-Kord, that prohibits civilians from having pipes and tobacker, and they will send death squads door-to-door to seize all the pipes and tobacker.... meanwhile they will launch air-bern Paladin spoors to cause all the tobacker fields to die off (this will co-inside with sum soler flers that will disrup all co-mu-ni-kay-shun grids)."

Those of us what is smart have pre-visioned this, and weez buildin' us a pipe and tobacker stockpile. The tobacker starved hordes will roam about tryin' to take other folks tobacker. So me, my wife Sarah-Sue, two daughters (Eve and Petunia-Jo), four boys (Cooter, Skeeter, Jasper, De-Wayne, Bubba, and Bart), and the four-year old twins (Nancy and Nigel) train reglar on the gunz."

EmperorGix and zirrow like this.
  16. ken davis

ken davis Member

:xd::haha::rofl: Laughing so hard I need a :dkn:and a :bing: now . Thank you

RTOdhner likes this.
  17. TheKiltedOne

TheKiltedOne Sales Account

I would watch that just for The laughs.

RTOdhner likes this.
  18. kb7get

kb7get Member

Also have a M1 Garand set up on the desk in front of you. Use loaded clips to prop up a row of pipes. Then finger flick an empty clip to get the "boinggg" to emphasize a point.

James Harr and RTOdhner like this.
  19. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Beautiful! :laff:

RTOdhner likes this.
  20. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

:xd:

RTOdhner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.