The Smoking Lamp is Lit Throughout the Ship!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

That thread needs to be kick started again :ngty:

Nice haul , man !

RTOdhner likes this.
  2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I'm like you on Presby. It's a nice and light blend, but it's not an every day smoke - just a great "now and then" blend. A tin of it will last me a couple of months, then I won't want any again for a while. Still, it's one of those "venerable classic" blends that any serious pipe smoker needs to try. I'm not surprised that some people don't like it, though, because it's an Oriental-heavy blend with just a whisper of Latakia in it. So, if you prefer the Lat-heavy "English" blends you might not care for it. However, I think if you like Oriental-heavy blends then you'll probably like Presby.

3. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Uhm... Do you mock me Sir?! I stockpile ammo, and the precious leafs: pu-erh tea and Tobacco. And im not going to admit entirely how much of the rest of that hit home.....

4. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I merely mock unhealthy stockpilers - the ones who harbor really paranoid and just plain silly delusions. Frinstance, on Doomsday Preppers there was this woman who claimed that some sort of disaster was going to cause a complete inability to grow or otherwise produce food stuffs. She then hatched this plot that the government was going to send squads door to door to seize any food that civilians may have. So, she stockpiles something like 5000 pounds worth of freeze dried and canned foods. She then procedes to give her name and address. Hhhmm, lemme get this right: the government is going to seize food, so you're going to go on national television, give your name, show your face, and give away the location of a stockpile of food that by your own paranoid admission the government is going to want to seize... allllrighty then.

You're not bunkered down some rat hole, equipped with an armory and ammo dump big enough to equip the Honduran Army, hording 5000 metric azztons of freeze dried lima beans, teaching your three year old how to properly operate and maintain a 25mm chain gun, and brooding over some festering delusion that there are going to be solar flairs that knock out communications and allow a Muslim expeditionary force stattioned in the Mojave Desert to invade Holboken, is ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.