1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The T.A.D. Killing Bender

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Albert, Nov 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert

Albert Active Member

Has there been a time when you came across a Blend that you found yourself only wanting to smoke that one blend over and over, essentially putting a halt to (for a short or long period of time) your desire to acquire or smoke anything else?

I am deep in the throws of such a time. I have several excellent blends in my cellar that I love, but they have just sat for a couple months now as I pound bowl after bowl of Macbaren HH Acadian Perique.

When I think of loading a different blend, I think "why? I know what I want to smoke." Its a great feeling, kind of like when you come across a new album and you cant stop listening to it over and over.

Have you had a blend bender like this? What was the blend? How long?

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Marlboro Blend 27's. :)

Pipe tobacco? Not yet. I don't know if it's a good, bad, or indifferent thing. Still, kinda envy you.

3. Albert

Albert Active Member

It was definitely an unexpected thing.

4. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

If I hadn't run out of Grousemoor, I'd still be smoking it. Went through 100 grams in less than a week.

albot9 likes this.
  5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Years ago, I smoked nothing but McClellands Navy Cavendish for a year or so but no bouts of this kind of thing recently.

6. yinyang

Love usually is.

Gary and Rewster66 like this.
  7. yinyang

Gee, will Ennerdale take you back, or are the locks changed already? ;)

Mark w4mms, dmkerr and Rewster66 like this.
  8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

LOL. I think Ennerdale ran home to her mother. And she's filing for pipe custody!

9. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

When I first tried GAF I really had no desire to smoke anything else for at least a week. When I think about it again, I kinda want a bowl right now.

10. user1975

user1975 Active Member

I went through that phase with Bengal Slices many years ago, but now I usually smoke at least 2 or 3 different blends a day.

11. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

Briar Fox.

12. Smokey

Smokey Active Member

Yes..... I have some nice penzance cellared, and a significant variety of others as well. I took a tour of the OTC's and now I constantly reach for SWRA or Carter Hall. I have had no desire for a bowl of anything else. Every time I think of rubbing something out, or letting it dry for a half hour, I just grab a bowl from the big tin and enjoy the hell out of it. I never expected this to happen, but, I am actually really glad it did. Of course my tastes will change and I will go back, but as for now..........my cellared stuff will get some real age on them! I suppose that is a good thing.

RTOdhner and Mark w4mms like this.
  13. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

3 Oaks Syrian, didn't want anything else until I ran out. Now have 4 tins sitting on a shelf while I smoke other blends.

14. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Club Blend. Also a surprise - I wasn't too thrilled with it when I first tried it. Then I just got to a point where anything else I smoked wasn't Club Blend, it was really weird. Kept thinking half way through a bowl "Huh, I wish I'da loaded Club this time." So then I started doing it, and haven't really got off that bus. I intersperse other stuff, English, Va/Pers, some aros, but those tins never seem to get empty, and the Club tins are never full.

albot9 likes this.
  15. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

When I smoked my first bowl of Hamborger Veermaster a couple of years ago, I became enamored. I had purchased two tins and blew threw them in two months, even at one bowl per day. I bought 8 tins and paced myself after that. I now have a little over 1.5 lbs, but still try to pace myself with the HV.

People post about that "one blend" if you could have only one. I don't know about that, but I could definitely have 75 lbs of 3 blends and still be happy. HV, Stonehaven and either Skiff Mixture or HH Vintage Syrian would do for me.

16. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Dang, I'm going to go smoke a bowl of HV right now. :bing:

Mark w4mms likes this.
  17. user1975

user1975 Active Member

That sounds like a great idea, I think I will too!

18. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

If I didn't have so many different open tins ATM,
    I'd be on a GAF rampage.

19. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

P&W 400. I'm in Maine for a week, and I didn't bring anything else.

20. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I smoked a 5 lb bag of MB Scottish blend w/ out smoking much else during that time . I smoked Three Nuns for a some years as well as Edgeworth for some years . I've been smoking MB GE and MCB for a good while now too . I would smoke other stuff here and there but those are the blends that I " focused " on for periods of time over 3o years . I dont think I ever had more than 3 blends open at any given time at home , in the past . However , I've probably got 60 blends jarred at the moment [ crazy ] . It's been fun to play and experiment with blends in the last couple of years , but it's not something I always want to do . I went through this same phase of going nuts tring new stuff 25 years ago and about 15 years ago . It dosent last for to long . I can see going back to my old ways of smoking a blend or two , mainly, and having something different once in a while . Actually , I look forward to it cause all this variety in the cabinet .. is a bit much . Often times , I just wanna smoke a straight Burley type blend .

RTOdhner and TxPipesmoker like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.