1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The Usual Suspects...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by buistd, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buistd

buistd Active Member

Hi there - In my short time as a member of this forum I have noted with a mild hilarity the constant championing of certain tobaccos by certain members. I think that this would be a great place for us to compile a list of other people's favourites as noted by other users. Once a suitable list is compiled I feel we should honour them in some way for their unfaltering dedication to their tobacco of choice. I will start the ball rolling:

AndyLowry - Ennerdale
    Shadow - Dunhill MM965

shadow likes this.
  2. buistd

buistd Active Member

Can't think of his user name off-hand but who's the 1792 junkie who has a picture of the aforementioned tobacco as his profile picture?

3. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

buistd, you haven't been around long enough to have seen it, but the original shill around here is Sasquatch, with his nasty Club Blend.

Edited to add - we have a few around here who enjoy Dunhill Light Flake, or Dunhill Flake or whatever it is these days, I'll let them fink each other out.

One more comes to mind, although he doesn't talk much about it - seems to me Wicklow enjoys the hell out of Old Gowrie.

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

HCraven w/ his Gushing of SG SL .... Made me want to try it . It's a nice English Blend

5. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

What about us "single-and-lovin'-it" types? What about the Mormon-types with 3 or 4 tobacco wives?

My loyalty is to an ever-growing harem of tobaccos. I've never understood the desire for brand fidelity in the tobacco world. A few years back, I remember there was a lot of chatter about "finding the one." "Grandpa smoked Carter Hall exclusively for 47 years, and I'm still looking for my Carter Hall. Life would be so simple if I could find that tobacco." (I bet Grandpa strayed with Captain Black White when he was off on a business trip anyway.)

6. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Becuause I've heard his Holy Trinity for 11 years:
    RuffinoGold : Middleton's Cherry Blend , SWRA , and Golden Extra
    Amen

Mark w4mms and ATXPipe like this.
  7. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

....and so have we. :P

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I'm gonna mention Ruffinogold and Golden Extra again just because it seems appropriate to do so. :laff:

Mark w4mms and ruffinogold like this.
  9. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

PS don't hate me just because Mac Baren sends me 25c every time I mention Club, JP. I know a good thing when I got it.

ruffinogold likes this.
  10. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

dgerwin11- All Half and Half, All the time! (must be in a cob...SOMETIMES it can be in a briar, but only on special occasions)
    RTO- MacB Navy flake. His tastes have changed a bit since he's delved into the world of other flakes, but I'm sure it's still in his to 6.

11. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Yinyang = Mixture #79.

12. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

dmkerr-Borkum Riff

13. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

Man, you guys are getting nasty:eek:

WyoBob

14. 1stGenRex

1stGenRex Member

WyoBob- Altadis Irish Cream

15. jeff394

jeff394 Member

You guys sound like a session of Congress!

16. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

ruffinogold w/ his Gushing of Middleton's Cherry Blend .... Made me want to try it . It's a nice Burley Blend

Mark w4mms and ruffinogold like this.
  17. shadow

shadow Active Member

Here's a new Blend! Toenail's Prawn and Custard!
    The first to survive will get a free bowl of Dunhill 965!:haha:

HCraven likes this.
  18. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

19. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

BRI2K .. Evening Stroll .... "it's that damn good !"

20. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

Despite my shilling for Squadron Leader (hey, if you're going to sell out, might as well be for THE BEST TOBACCO KNOWN TO MAN!!... ahem, sorry) I think most of us feel like you do, Beaupipe. Why have just one, or even six, that you smoke to the exclusion of all others when there are hundreds of blends demanding your attention? By the same token, there's an element of the quest for the Holy Grail involved, each of us hoping to find something that takes us to the next level of tobacco Nirvana, and when we find something that does, we tend to sing it's praises not for our own benefit, but for the purpose of sharing the source of our joy with others. I do love SL, but I'm happier trying new things than just smoking my favorite all the time. Nonetheless, you really should try it...

Herb

Arkie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.