1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

The Usual Suspects...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by buistd, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I love my Pirate Kake. I do it on an empty stomach every day. Before I can eat anything, I choke down a couple of bowls of PK. I said this before and I'll say it again. When I'm cremated I hope I smell like latakia.

Ol Brokedik.

ATXPipe, Mister Moo and jpberg like this.
  2. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

I wasn't really being serious. I'm constitutionally incapable of that. And I know that even those of us with big little black books and lots of notches on our...uh...pipe posts tend to dial only one or two numbers when we want a comfortable and familiar smoke in the dark under the covers.

And given the durability of the quest story and of the Grail, well, I respect the whole process.

I guess I'm more Don Quixote than Arthurian Grail quester. I'm condemned to my little picaresque wanderings through the tobacco world, tilting at various tins.

But if I had to identify myself with a tobacco, it would probably be the less sweet brown Virginia family exemplified by G&H's Unscented Brown Flake and especially (though I'm down to two lousy tins) Germain's Brown Flake. Funny...a white flake who loves Brown Flakes. Maybe GLP will come out with a new tobacco just for me. A blend of white Burley and brown Virginia. New World Series: Miscegenation Plug.

Stay tuned.

Jay likes this.
  3. HCraven

HCraven Active Member

+1 on the Don Quixote thing, though as I get older I think I'm more like Sancho Panza. Well, I've got the panza going on anyway. :p

4. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

I'll correct Mr. Kerr and state that "ol' One Eye"
    loves his Irish Flake (or is it 5 Bros. these days??).

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

You are The Man.

6. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Don't go calling it nasty now.. I tried it after seeing sasquatch mentioning it a couple times.. a day .. and it is excellent. takes a bit getting used to but it has sailed right into my top 3 list.

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Geez. I expected better from you.

Degenetron likes this.
  8. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Im a constant disapointment ;)

jpberg likes this.
  9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Although I do seem to bring up Ennerdale occasionally (which reminds me-- have I mentioned Ennerdale lately?), there are other tobaccos I smoke about as often, e.g. McC's Samovar, Scottish Woods, Orient 996, Wilderness, Ringlow's, 5100, AMP; GH Kendal Flake, Bob's Chocolate, Dark Flake Scented; SG 1792, Grousemoor; Dunhill Royal Yacht, Nightcap-- those are what I have the most of, anyway. There's a Chenowitsch Chonowitzsch another Scots style that I like, except I can't spell the name or remember the blend number. Ennerdale is just more fun to talk about than all those other pedestrian offerings. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.