1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

The Yanik Cabbage Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Mister Moo, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

S. Yanik Floral extra large meerschaum - go figure.

This pipe was represented by the seller as "floral" but, as I suspected, it is more garden vegetable than rose petals. Pretty unusual big pipe. Might get bigger with a little dip in beeswax and Miracle-Gro. Big pipe, big bowl... dunno if I should save it, smoke it or boil it and stuff it with rice and beef and call it the Golabki pipe. :laff:

[​IMG]

2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

You could smoke Lakeland flakes in it to make it more "floral".

Just don't eat it! Meerschaum may be neutral in taste but it would probably be a little too brittle and hard to swallow.

Actually, a nice looking pipe - from afar, at least. Looks like a nice addition to the "herd", Moo.

By the way, you should post this in the thread "What does your preferred pipe shape say about you". :roflmao:

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

A rose by any other name would smoke as sweet! :thankyou:

Kiowapipe likes this.
  4. Major

Major Member

Man that sho nuff is purdy. This is one excellent example of why I won't buy a fancy high end and drop dead pretty hand carved meer.... I couldn't smoke it. Why? That would be like grabbing the Mona Lisa, rolling it up and snorting cocaine through it. Just too pretty.

5. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Don't forget to pack it using the cabbage roll method.

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

I could see me smoking that rascal...oh yeah!

7. Mister Moo

Maybe I'll try just one bowl of Miracle-Gro and see if it greens up fast.

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Me, too! The mere thought of it caused me to fire up one of my own Yaniks.

9. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

If Wiley made meerschaums, he would have made that one.

10. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Nice, but it looks like any other garden variety Yanik to me.

11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Nice one!

12. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

As nice as it looks new, I'll bet it would be a real eye catcher after some of those curves & crevaces get some coloring. Nice pipe!

13. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Looks like an eighth note with some
    flames on it to me. Too many years
    of looking at sheet music I guess.

Enjoy it, Moo!

dp

14. ChrisD

ChrisD Member

It's definetely a unique shape, but I think it could grow on me

15. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Nice score Moo-man! Yanik does indeed make a fine pipe! I'm new to Sadik Yanik's works and never ever felt i'd ever own one (pricey) but well worth it. Happened upon Yanik's ebay store and he usually runs a "blowout auction" now and then starting the bid at $0.99........so I. Played along and scored mine for a touch over $60! Which gave even further justification to score/snag a few more Yaniks ;)

As for your "Floral"........she's a BEAUT! I'd smoke her!

Corn-gratz!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

16. Mister Moo

Saturday was another knee-surgery recovery day for me, this time at the JR Cigar humidor lounge in Selma, NC. Leg elevated on the armrest, I slouched for hours in a cushy leather chair. Rain was hard outside and traffic in the store was light. The immense Yanik Cabbage had its introductory smoke and I was way more than pleasantly surprised. The cabbage leaves operated like the fins on an air-cooled engine and neatly dissipated a lot of heat from a scary-big bowl. While the pipe is neither too heavy nor hot to hold, the button hung secure in my mouth and the pipe mostly rested on my chest when I sat back. Two small gurgles popped up but nothing to speak of considering I was smoking on bare clay. I think the gurgles will clear up after the bowl carbons up a bit.

Several Bob's Chocolate Flakes lightly rubbed burned to bedrock on one light after charring/tamp. It was a new-pipe "Wow" experience except for hitting some beeswax at the very bottom of the bowl. Feh. I would have preferred a little better finish at stem-to-stummel but that's the way it is. I was thinking about reselling this pipe but it is a solid cabbage and it'll hang around for a while. Huge tip of hat to Mr. Sadik Yanik.

Slow Triathele (Scott), a known slow smoker, smoked a Falcon + flake and confirmed that, yes, Falcons do no smoke hot when you sip and avoid over-tamping.

17. DocB

DocB Active Member

Hope you heal quickly Moo. Next time you see Scott, tell him I said hello. Congrats on the pipe, glad it's a keeper...

18. Mister Moo

17 days post-arthroscopy; crutches in the garage and cane back in the umbrella rack, Vicodin mostly forgotten and doing stairs without mashing down on the bannister. Told my doc I'd do my own (walking, stair climbing and pilates) rehab and he said to have at it. :old:

You know the Human Dynamo? I enjoyed his rare-bird inspirational-as-usual company on Saturday. :)

19. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Pbffft!!!! [coffee blasting through sinuses]:xd:

20. Mister Moo

Don't encourage Yings. The sound of coffee thru your nose is what he WANTS to hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.