1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

There. Are. Too. Many.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by LostDog13, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

I have about 50 blends in my cellar right now, but I am in the stage of trying as many as I can and narrowing down on those ones I really like. Most of those blends are just 1 tin that I have, pretty soon I'm going to start keeping notes of which blends I really like and want to keep a large supply of, those that I enjoy and may get a tin of every once in a while, and those that I don't like. Currently I've found about 5 or 6 blends that I really enjoy, and probably about 10 that I like.

2. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

never had three blind moose, but I'm in the same boat. Haven't had spending money for a while so I've been going back to the blends I didn't smoke much and they're growing on me in a big way.

3. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

i have 4 favorite blends--they are in the cellar with several pounds of each residing there--

from a few years ago i have the remnants of several tins (maybe 10 ) stashed--i smoke them now and then; but it's pretty rare--every now and then i might buy a tin just out of curiosity, but again seldom--

when i have too many choices i seem to become........., oh i don't know call it frustrated--i seem more satisfied with a choice of four, with an occasional taste of something different--i also am at the stage inlife where i might not need to stockpile toooooo many years ahead

;)

4. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

what is three blind moose?

5. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

I have also had Angler's Dream recommended, but have no idea what this blend is comparible to that I may have had in my limited samplings. Most of my ordering has been based on recommendations (Briar Fox, Exhausted Rooster, LBF, Frog Morton, Pirate Kake, etc..etc...), so just looking for an idea of what this is similar to if anything.

6. StubrnDutchman

StubrnDutchman Member

I guess that is basically what I did, tho I didn't realize it at the time. During my first two years of smoking I cellared five pounds each of my then three favorite blends. Glad I did because now they are super smooth!! Now I am back at it and getting more experienced I a finding a few more that I will be buying in five pound bulk. My goal is to end up with about fifty pounds including several one pound lots of good stuff. That should beat the tax man/price increases and have me pretty set for the rest of my life.

Snake likes this.
  7. Prof

Prof Member

Three Blind Moose is, if I recall correctly, a nice aro from 4Noggins which I picked up early on - and I have way too much of it. My tastes have rather changed with my aging palate and the aros don't thrill me like they once did alas - I like a good aro but I will walk a good distance for a McCranie's 1983 Red Ribbon, especially if someone else is buying! As I don't expect I will get to my overstocked aros any time soon, I need to just pass them on to a good home, lest they bland out and I have a pile of worthless leaf on my hands...

8. craig

craig Active Member

my cellar compared to some of the members on here is absolutely tiny, i tend to have only the blends i like to smoke regularly, i do have a couple of tins of aging away, but where i am tins are really hard to come by locally, i can only get them by mail order which is a shame, but in a way its a saving grace because i would probably spend most of my disposable income on them haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.