1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

This Borkum Riff sounds delicious

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ruralhipster, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Member

Why does this sound so good?

New Borkum Riff Limited Edition 22

A heady mixture, this limited-edition tobacco blend contains a formula of 65% Brazilian and African Burley and Virginia, 27% African black Cavendish, and 8% Argentinian Red Virginia, topped with exotic tropical fruit and vanilla flavors.

If I hadn't been (tongue) burned by BR a couple times in the past I would be quick to order this, as is I wait until the reviews start rolling in.

Trauma, Morse and Mister Moo like this.
  2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

It scares me. Reminds me of what's written on a Folgers Coffee can.

3. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Solani, Peterson, Sam Gawith, Reiner and Stanwell make similar stuff and I'm sure they use better leaf.

OldSouled65 likes this.
  4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Must---resist---temptation---to---post........!!!

BradNTX likes this.
  5. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Oh c'mon t-bear. You're like me and can resist anything but temptation. If you don't post something you might explode.

PipeWife likes this.
  6. craig

craig Active Member

i agree this sounds like a propperly nice mix, but the name borkum riff kinda makes me want to leave it, tried the original and it can be a lovely smoke, but for me it was a volatile mix, the slightest attempt to go at it more than slow and it knacked my tongue, and it can taste nasty.
    Which is a shame because i think with a little work and better leaf Borkum could be a major player.

7. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Borkum Riff has done nothing but burn my tongue in various flavors. They'd have to come up with something really delicious-sounding for me to go back and try it.

Like bacon.

Raffxr7 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.