1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

This damned pipe nearly smokes itself!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Puff The Magic, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

So I went out on the deck to smoke my second bowl and brought an apple with me just in case I got too carried away (puffing away) and got the bowl too hot. About mid bowl, I felt warmth all around but not on the bottom. So I decided to eat the apple and just take my good ole time breaking her in right. Well, I didn't speed eat the apple. Just a normal take my time approach. When the apple was done, I wiped my hands and then picked the pipe back up, took a draw............the pipe was still going! I didn't have to relight and just kept right on sip-puffing away! A bit of tamping (gently, and shaping the top and edges but that's all), no relights. Fine gray ash and some small specks of dottle (looked more like coarse ground pepper). What a pipe!

Between the two I recently received from Mark, the PSF-POY edges the Nekked Coral but not by much. Will have to do the "eat the apple test" next time I'm out with the Nekked Coral. :lolu:

:)
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

2. erickghint

erickghint Member

I've had pretty much the same experience with mine. It just refuses to go out. I'm not sure why, but between the Tinsky and the Wiley, they're about on par with each other. I love both of em for different reasons, but both have the habit of not going out very easily (unless of course I leave them for a while).

3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It helps when you're out on the deck too . I got some pipes that the smoke is just waiting at the end of the mouthpiece and ya barely gotta draw it . I can relate . Those are the great pipes ! I'm w/ you erickghint ... the wileys I've got just rock

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

+1 on the Wileys! I'm taking a Wiley "Boston Bridge" Freehand to the Kaywoodie Handmade show tomorrow, hope they don't kick me out............. :whistle:

It's like "smoke me, well, I'm waiting!" is what the pipe said :thumbsu:

Incredible pipes!

:cheers:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

5. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

It's marvellous when you get a pipe/tobacco/place/mood combination where it all just flows - wish you very many more of them!

Best to all

Gerry

6. Smokingmiami

Smokingmiami Member

+1 It is great when you get a combo like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.