1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

This is getting to be a problem...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by LifeOfRiley, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

I just started hanging out here and now I guess I'm starting a cellar.

Got a tin of Blue Mountain for "Open That Tin Weekend" next week. And just picked up some Beacon Extra and Classic Samsun to stow away for a beach trip this summer.

I've fallen in with the wrong crowd...:shead:

2. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Building up a cellar of Toby is never a problem. It's the right thing to do. :thu2:

3. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

Yeah, we're the crowd your mom warned you about. It just gets worse (or better, depending on your point of view.)

4. Chriss

Chriss Member

you and me both lol!!
    ( seriously im really starting to like the cellar concept XD)

5. Albert

Albert Active Member

Sounds like a bumper sticker: PSF-Cellar Happens.

MacNutz, Preacher1611, ol gto and 2 others like this.
  6. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

I've read this a couple of times and fail to see what the problem is.

FlatbushPaul and Stonewall like this.
  7. Capt

Capt Active Member

It only gets worse, trust me!

RTOdhner, Mington and Stonewall like this.
  8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

El Capitan speaketh the truth. 2 tins leads to 5, leads to a dozen, leads to a 2-3 orders per month. It's a wonderful sickness, and there is no cure.

9. Steve Dennis

Steve Dennis Member

This is as good as it gets, it is only downhill from here. Welcome to the wonderful world of TAD.

10. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

I've been smoking a pipe since the seventies and the most tobacco I ever bought at any one time was two or three 2oz/50g tins. now, (since I joined PSF ) I buy it by the pound. I'm really not sure whether to laugh or cry, good though. Whats more, I've just started smoking cobs too. :xd:

11. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Keep it going. I've been selling off my other stuff just to buy Tobacco and pipes. I've got a nice little cellar started. It doesn't take long.

12. Piperatthegates

Piperatthegates Member

Wait till your missus realises the cars gone :sh:

13. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

We are the good people, the ones they told you all about.

(Anyone? Song lyrics reference, anyone? Or is that too much on the side of "hippy music"? Well I think it's a damn good lyric and a damn good song. And band for that matter.) I'll hide behind my wall and let you guys figure it out, but that's a cool and versatile lyric if you ask me.

These guys got me doing this nonsense too. My stocks of FVF are getting pretty impressive, among other things. Soon you'll be wondering where all that tobacco came from, but you won't be sorry, I promise you that. It's a bit of a case of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". :D No really, welcome to the disease!

14. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is in an undisclosed Bunker

I don't get it, what's wrong with hoarding, stashing, and collecting pipe tobacco? I see nothing wrong with not having any shelf space in the house left. I see nothing wrong with looking after the USPS, UPS and Fedex guys every day. I see nothing wrong with buying mason jars by the case load. I see nothing wrong with explaining to the Marraige Counseler all about TAD & PAD and what they mean. Really, I see nothing wrong...

:csmile:

15. Chriss

Chriss Member

LOL buddy id sell my pipes, clothes, furniture and anything else I find I can "live" without to keep my car :confused:!!!

**** id even open a lemonade stand in front of the house XD

Preacher1611 and FlatbushPaul like this.
  16. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

:xd:Hell, I've been trying to sell her to the Russians. They told me "liddle blond gurl talk too much".

RTOdhner, Dondi, Rodfather and 2 others like this.
  17. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

The bigger the cellar, the less taxes one
    pays later. Plus, we'll all have a fair amount
    when they stop selling it completely.

RTOdhner, Dondi and IrishRover like this.
  18. Preacher1611

Preacher1611 Active Member

Someone should make that happen... if I only had the means...

19. iSiv

iSiv Member

I was sat on the floor this weekend with my scales, mason jars and my latest order of bulk. My wife asks, "How much do you think you have?" and I reply, "at the rate I smoke, probably more than enough for my lifetime".

20. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Well I've not had the cellar thing but only because I've been dealing with Canadian prices. A hundred bucks a month is barely enough to keep me smoking for the month. Now that I've discovered the joys of on line shopping I shall start a 'cellar', in a file cabinet. Before discovering 4noggins, I was considering selling off all the painting gear for my scale model airplanes and some of the unbuilt models still in their boxes. So I could buy a couple of pipes. Now I shall hang onto it, just in case I get the bug again, which is very likely. I've got tons of model building tools, equipment, and models. Including a Warthog that has been calling my name lately. Now I can have smoke and plastic. But not at the same time. That could get ugly.:eek:

Preacher1611 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.