This is velvet?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

Thank you!
    I did locate Carter Hall and Prince Albert pouches at a grocery store nearby. I must have stopped by 2o or more stores! They had a good selection of OTC's and may be able to get Velvet for me. So I'm good for now but this has me concerned and I may have to start a cellar.

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Good to hear you got yourself hooked-up. A good supply of Carter Hall or Prince Albert is always a good thing to have.

3. DanielO

DanielO Member

I've got good access to CH and PA at the local discount smoke shop, but unfortunately my OTC of choice is SWR, which is no where to be found around here. Thank god for the internet!

4. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

I had a good day with Carter Hall and Prince Albert yesterday. I'm going to pick up some of the others today.

5. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

Sadly, American OTCs cost as much as Samuel Gawith or Dunhill here in Canada. I refuse to pay that much for PA even if I do have a hankerin' to smoke it in a pipe. As a young smoker in Alabama I used to roll cigs out of PA. Never even thought of it as a pipe tobacco as none in my age group smoked pipes although I had a great uncle that smoked it in his pipe when he ran out of his locally made brown twist. It was my favourite rolling tobacco. Kind of sweet but plenty of nic, or so it seemed at the time. I smoked Camels when I was working, PA when not. Relative to Camels PA tasted sweet.

6. voodoo101

voodoo101 Member

I got my Velvet and Granger today and had a couple of bowls each. Both of them are good smokes. I did not have a bite on either. Though there was a tingle sensation through my nostrils. Not a bad thing.
    I have read some reviews on Velvet. Some complain about a play doh smell. There is no play doh smell just good smelling tobacco. I would say Carter Hall and Prince Albert taste better but I will keep Velvet and Granger in my rotation.
    I got these great baccy's from WV Smoke Shop and they sent them to me fast!
    http://wvsmokeshop.com/

7. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

I never noticed a play doh smell or a cherry lifesaver or ect ect ect smell,the same with granger they both smell the way good old pipe tobacco should smell,and they both smoke great.

8. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

"I headed out of the office like a Coon Hound on a trail!" If I ever said this, no one would believe it.

The OTCs have become my regular smoke. I don't even go to the tobacconist anymore. I've got enough (very little, actually) of the fancy stuff, when I want it. For day-in/day-out smoking, I just pop into the drug store, chat up the clerk, and walk away a few dollars lighter, but with a week's worth of tobacco. CH, SB, SWRA.

Ozark Nick and colorduke like this.
  9. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I should probably also come clean. I also support WV smoke shop. It's where I go for tubs and filters.

colorduke likes this.
  10. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

I am with you Whalehead King on the otc train,I live in the middle of PA or nowhere ville and i don't need to spend my weeks paycheck for a few oz of tobacco,the PA,H/H,CH,SWR,ECT all fill the bill for me.I have fancy tobacco's that i smoke once in a bluemoon but most of the time it's simple otcs,and yes i buy all my tubs from WV also they have the best prices .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.