1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Thought I'd share a few interesting pipes from my dads collection!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Lukasaurus, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukasaurus

Lukasaurus Active Member

After a visit home last week, I thought I'd share a few interesting numbers from my dads pipe collection:

[​IMG]

From the top clockwise: Maltese pocket pipe, Bewlay vest pocket pipe, London made briar stamped with the name of our old local tobacconist, French made 'freedom' pipe with interesting wooden stem which looks to have stood up well to the test of time, Duncan dental pipe.

[​IMG]

An old peterson, not sure of age or model ( anyone fancy ID-ing? ) he referred to it as a half acre pipe if memory serves.

[​IMG]

Peterson system with a LOT of years on it, estimated to be about 70 but not sure. Still smokes like a beaut!

[​IMG]

Finally, my dads pride and joy. He's smoked this almost every day I've known him. Apparently he picked it up at the great Yorkshire show one year. I know nothing about it so if anyone could ID that would be great!

jdto, RTOdhner, mecompco and 3 others like this.
  2. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Very nice,thanks for sharing the pics.

3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Very nice pipes! Thanks for sharing.:D

4. Tsalagi44

Tsalagi44 Active Member

Very nice. Thanks for showing. I really want a Pete. But I have a Basil to purchase first. :snork:

5. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Neat! Any stamping on the Yorkshire show pick-up?

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Last one *looks* to be a meer, probably of Manx heritage. Opposite side of the Petes should have a stamp..."Made in....." That might help narrow down the dates. Love the Maltese...looks almost like the Eskimo shape. Beautiful collection...now...make 'em shine!!

7. Spam

Spam Member

A nice collection! I agree that the last one looks like a Manx meer. No sign of any markings?

The small pipe with the short stem looks a lot like a Big Ben Pipo, something I've been trying to pick up on eBay for a while.

mecompco likes this.
  8. briarbob

briarbob Member

The vest pocket pipes are nice, I have one and do smoke it. The stem twists over and makes it compact to fit in your pocket.

9. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yup, that looks just like the Big Ben Pipo I just picked up on eBay (sorry!). This little guy looks kinda ridiculous, but it sure burns flake like a champ!

[​IMG]

Spam, Jay and jdto like this.
  10. jdto

jdto Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.