1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Three out from five (SG, Solani)

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Waino, Sep 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waino

Waino Active Member

During a trade I have an opportunity to choose two tins for trying. All these are new experiences for me. What would you choose and why?
    1) SG Grousemoor 2) SG Sam´s Flake 3) Solani Red 4) Solani Blue and 5) Solani Black and White

2. user1975

user1975 Active Member

There are so many I could name it's hard to decide... I guess (1) Peterson's Irish Flake, (2) SG 1792 Flake, (3) Orlik GS, (4) C&D Exhausted Rooster, (5) GLP Charing Cross, (6) Penzance to name a few. The main reason I would choose these is because I've heard so much about them, but mostly because even though I've been smoking a pipe for years, I kinda fell into smoking several of my old favorites, (Rattray's Accountant's Mixture, Rattray's HOTW, CH, and Bengal Slices when they were available) and not trying anything new. I've tried several new to me blends, and I'm looking forward to trying many more. There is just so much good tobacco out there to be had now.

3. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Hard to say without knowing what you mostly smoke. If your out in left field any of them would be fine. Each blend there brings something different to the table.

Mark w4mms likes this.
  4. Waino

Waino Active Member

You are right. I´ll take Grousemoor because it´s oldest.

5. TxPipesmoker

TxPipesmoker Active Member

Good choice Waino.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.