Tin or Bulk

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by SSGpiper, Nov 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Interesting thread. What I find most interesting is not the diversity between tin and bulk so much, but the diversity of reasons we have for our preferences.
    That's what makes this old world go 'round, and why I keep coming back to the forums......

2. WyoBob

WyoBob Member

I've always been a "band for the buck" kinda guy so it's bulk tobacco for me. I've only tried a few tins, OGS, Escudo, Frog Morton OTB as I remember. Some of the tobaccos I received in a "newbie pipe" deal on another forum may have been tinned at one time.

Since I'm semi-retired, I decided to try lower cost tobaccos when I started back with the pipe. I feel very fortunate that I've found some very reasonably price tobaccos that I really like. My favorites so far are P.S. Luxury Navy Flake and P.S. Balkan Supreme and I think I could smoke them the rest of my life and be very happy.

WyoBob

3. atwageman

atwageman Member

I like both and purchase large quantities of both. For tobaccos that only come in tins, its nothing for me to buy 20+ tins of a single flavor at a time. I have a large cellar with a varitety that runs the entire spectrum of pipe tobacco. My bulks I store in 1/2 pint mason jars.

I think its time for me to do a accurate tin count just to see how many tins total I have......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.