Tinderbox.com And Glas Jar Storage

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by sharpie443, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharpie443

sharpie443 Member

I noticed that Tinderbox.com sells (overpriced) glass Jars to store tobacco. Is this a good way to store tobacco or just for show. I have a bunch of antique mason jars sitting around that i could be using.

BTW: I plan on buying this sampler pack from tinder box probably next week.

Tinder box sample pack

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Mason Jars are perfect... keep them out of bright sunlight, but other than that they keep tobacco good for years.

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i've got jars from smoking places and i've got three kinds of jars from walmart. i like the smoking ones cause they look better. the seal on the ball jars is just as good. there's about a six dollar price difference. i wouldn't put the ball jars on public display though. your priorities, your call.

4. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

I'm with the last two "Usual Suspects" - Mason/Kilner jars are just fine and I keep them in a dark cool cupboard rather than expose the tobacco to bright sunlight. In the UK at present ASDA (Walmart) are selling these for £1.00 for the litre size and £2.)) for the larger size - I've been stocking up!

Gerry

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Here in the U.S., K-Mart has mason jars running between $8 - $10 for 12, depending on size.

Those jars on tinderbox are nice and probably ok for short-term storage or to keep your daily/weekly tobacco in, but mason jars are what you want if you're keeping tobacco for a month or more.

Bri2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.