Tobacco Advice

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, Oct 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Hi everyone! I'm a newbie to the site, and am glad to be here.

Over the past couple of months, I have bought many 1 oz. samples of aromatic's. I have a few favorites, but wondering what to do, with the one's that are just so-so. One idea, is to mix them all in a larger container, and use it sparingly, rather than waste it. Is this sacrilege, or not such a terrible idea? If so, do you have any other ideas. I just don't want all these individual zip-locks hanging around. Maybe by mixing them, I'll enjoy them more anyway!

Anyway ... such a big problem, right? :dunno: Thanks for any suggestions.

2. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

That is what i do with alot of my so-so aro's, i blend them to make different blends till i find one that i really like than i blend a bunch up and have a new and improved smoke. I find it very fun to blend even with aro's i like, i am all the time finding new combo's of toby that are just excellent, maybe this can work for so you aren't wasting any toby.

3. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

You mean kinda like mixing ketchup and mayo to make Thousand Island dressing? :P

4. jhe888

jhe888 Member

Or offer to trade them in the trade section. Or even give it to someone who likes it - it is just a small sample and its not like giving away something of great value.

5. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I like that! That's a good way to look at it.

6. greasemunki85

greasemunki85 Member

I say go for it.. what will it hurt?? who knows.. you might find something you like.
    Ive been meaning to do this.. maybe mix something with some lat..with a light aro with a touch of vanilla..who knows... it might work... then again.. some Latbomb fanboy might come along and flame the dogpiss out of me :)
    Go for it bro, smoke what you like, and like what you smoke! and damned if anyone else tells you otherwise.

7. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I agree 100 percent with this statement!

By the way, mixing Latakia with a Vanilla makes for a great tasting blend!

8. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Right on! I often mix C&D Green River Vanilla with Mclelland Blending Latakia. It's awesome!

9. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

I have enough for a few experiments, so I'll just have some fun and see what happens. I'll get some latakia this wkend.

Thanks again, guys.

10. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

11. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Really Dondi!
    Sounds sort of strange but both you a strongirish have suggested this...... Something to try. I like lat in frog morton and I like vanilla.????mmmmm

12. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I learned doing this from a local B&M. He mixes 1Q and PS English Blend together in his shop as a house blend and it's his best seller.

13. smoore

smoore Member

I've tried mixing with very little success so far. If I find a blend to be marginal I save it in case my taste change or the tobacco improves with age, if I really don't like it I trade it off or give it away. Trading is a great way to try new blends yourself.

14. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.