1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco and Tea

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by maddis, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddis

maddis Sales Account

I recently started drinking tea again. Bought some Lapsang Souchong, which basically tastes like latakia/islay malt, plus caffeine.

So that's been pleasing.

Fast forward: Firing up the woodstove cause it's 16 degrees here and I've got my steamer going on top of the stove. I crack open a tin of McCranies Red Ribbon and the smell reminds me of the tea. So I drop a handful of ribbons into the steamer, wait a couple of minutes, and sniff.

Holy smokin olfactory heaven batfriends!

Anyone else tried this?

2. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Uhhh, Maddis, that's not "steaming or stoving"! So y'er takin' nose-hits straight off the steamer ehhh? Call me when ya start drinkin' it!;)

Ed
    Puff

3. maddis

maddis Sales Account

Well...tempted as I may be, I've resisted shoving my face down in it. It's more of a general room aroma without all the smoke.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Bet it smelled good :) McCr Red Ribbon is very good leaf!

Ed
    Puff

5. maddis

maddis Sales Account

It STILL smells good. My whole living room smells like my favorite baccy without any smoke. I'm thinking.....good way to introduce non-smokers to the pleasures of pipe tobacco?

6. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

You have re-invented "Pipe Potpourriā€! :laff:

7. colemate

colemate Member

Maddis it's close to zero here but ain't gonna try steaming up a cup like that however nice to know someone else likes Islay Malt. I love that iodine, peat laden, smokey concoction but rarely or never hear a good word about it from anybody. Of course they don't call it bandaid scotch for no reason but to me it gets a ten. Cole

8. Capt

Capt Active Member

We heat out house exclusively with wood. We have a brand new furnace that hasn't been used in 4 years. Lol

Nothing like sitting in front of the stove with a cup of Lapsang Souchong and a pipe full of English. I however, do not put my tobacco in the steamer pot. Lol.

9. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

We had a bloke here that drank some tobacco 'tea'
    some time ago. Don't think he has posted in a while. :cfsd:
    He may have died. :msty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.