1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco Based On Weather

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ocipio, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocipio

ocipio Member

I began my pipe smoking last Fall. Now that Spring is here and is hitting 75 and 80 degrees, I find that pipe smoking is not as enjoyable as smoking when it is 30 degrees and the snow is falling :) I find that it is similar to eating--in the winter you want stews, stouts.. heavier things. In the summer, you eat more salads, lighter beer such as pilsners and ales... So in the winter, I smoke higher nicotine blends, more robust flavors... and in the summer, it seems I want lighter nicotine, less heavy smokes...

Does your tobacco choices change based on the weather?

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I would recommend you try Mcclelland's #5100 "Red Cake" it's an outstanding Virginia for the spring/summer time.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I agree with Marc, 5100 is a great sweet and savory VA

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I smoke anything I like inside all year but outside during winter would be something like Dunhill std. mix. med or IRC royal .Today in N.Georgia Mtns it was 75 degrees and I got the Sterling sample of Old Dominion ... perfect timeing ! Mild aromatic / warm day . I love latakia but hate it if it's hot and humid and the wind isnt blowing ..... if ya ever been in sarasota Fl during Aug you know what I mean .. sucks bad

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

McClelland's has a world of light, tasty Virginia's ideal for the warmer weather or for your smoking pleasure year round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.