Tobacco Based On Weather

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by ocipio, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocipio

ocipio Member

I began my pipe smoking last Fall. Now that Spring is here and is hitting 75 and 80 degrees, I find that pipe smoking is not as enjoyable as smoking when it is 30 degrees and the snow is falling :) I find that it is similar to eating--in the winter you want stews, stouts.. heavier things. In the summer, you eat more salads, lighter beer such as pilsners and ales... So in the winter, I smoke higher nicotine blends, more robust flavors... and in the summer, it seems I want lighter nicotine, less heavy smokes...

Does your tobacco choices change based on the weather?

2. Marc

Marc Active Member

I would recommend you try Mcclelland's #5100 "Red Cake" it's an outstanding Virginia for the spring/summer time.

3. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

I agree with Marc, 5100 is a great sweet and savory VA

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I smoke anything I like inside all year but outside during winter would be something like Dunhill std. mix. med or IRC royal .Today in N.Georgia Mtns it was 75 degrees and I got the Sterling sample of Old Dominion ... perfect timeing ! Mild aromatic / warm day . I love latakia but hate it if it's hot and humid and the wind isnt blowing ..... if ya ever been in sarasota Fl during Aug you know what I mean .. sucks bad

5. Marc

Marc Active Member

McClelland's has a world of light, tasty Virginia's ideal for the warmer weather or for your smoking pleasure year round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.