Tobacco BMW's

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BobJ, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobJ

BobJ Member

I've been known to shop 2 or 3 different stores to save a quarter of a pouch of PA ... but I was wondering ...

Are there any blends that are outrageously expensive - truly premium baccys? I don't mean a tin cellared since the French Revolution or a pouch belonging to Elvis, but blends you can buy almost anytime which come at a premium price. I've seen higher prices for some scarce short-supply blends like Stonehaven, but not sure this would qualify for a BMW status.

What do the Palm Beachers smoke?

2. daveinlax

daveinlax Member

Even the most expensive mixtures can be had for under 5 dollars an oz. if you mail order. Tobacco gets expensive when you add in city and state taxes and prices can go high for tobacco on a secondary market. I know many high dollar collectors, most have deep cellars of aged tobacco that they have built over many years so as not to have the worry of shortages and brands being discontinued. :bling:

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Over here everything is high price!....and especially if it says - DUNHILL on the tin!

4. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator

Compton's of Galashiels, Macedonian Mixture. You pay for the pain and the pleasure. That and sealed Balkan Sobranie (out of production) if you can find it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.