Tobacco from accross the pond

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RidgeMart, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidgeMart

RidgeMart New Member

Does anybody know of any European etailers that still ship to the US?
    Something about credit card BS keeps them from shipping?
    I don't understand what the problem is, maybe someone on here can explain it to
    Me
    Thanks

2. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Google Mr. Snuff. He still ships.

Hawkwood, gahdzila and Spillproof like this.
  3. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Governments are the problem

Hawkwood likes this.
  5. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

HU, Dan, Synjeco, E A Carey, de Oude Leeuw, McGahey's...great time to be alive, ain't it? :byg:

6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

I emailed EA Carey, and the lady emphatically told me twice that they don't ship tobacco to the US.

7. joequo

joequo Member

Yeah, it looks like McGahey's, HU, and E A Carey do not ship to the United States. If I'm mistaken...please correct me!

8. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

Yeah, you might want look again. :ngty:

[​IMG]

9. joequo

joequo Member

Hahaha say no more! ;)

10. PipeSimmo

PipeSimmo Active Member

HU Tobacco ships worldwide

11. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I wonder how much price would go up for a stateside seller to import UK tobaccos?...I imagine to cover costs and make even the smallest profit, the price would be well out of any reasonable range...

12. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

They do it every day. Germain, Gawith Hoggarth, Sam Gawith, etc. I don't know why the importers stop there. Maybe the companies who make Condor, St. Bruno, Walnut, Mick McQuaid, and the rest just don't want to expand into this market. I wish they would, but what can you do but beg?

Coda and jpberg like this.
  13. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

Maybe STG will buy out Ogdens and those other Brit OTC brands, and import them...while importing SWR, SWRA, H&H and Velvet into the UK. Well, a fella can dream...

Hawkwood likes this.
  14. Polymoog

Polymoog Member

As purchases are covered by the credit card company and not by you personally if your tobacco order gets stopped by customs and you do not recieve it then you just reclaim the the money from the credit card company, they lose not you.
    because this has happened so many times the credit card companies will now not cover cross border purchases.
    the on line retailer doesn't want to take the hit either so they wont supply
    you can still pay another way ( i think) but if it gets stopped by customs you will pay heavy duty or lose the tobacco
    im sure tis is the reason they have stopped

15. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

I'm afraid Ogdens, along with the other makers of British tobaccos (apart from G&H, Germains and SG) disappeared as a company many years ago, and are now just historical names put on tins and pouches by the big manufacturers in mainland Europe and Scandinavia - so are unlikely to be 'bought out', and as for "importing SWR, SWRA, H&H and Velvet into the UK".....I think most of us would say - 'no thanks, you keep 'em!'.;)
    OT

jpberg likes this.
  16. craig

craig Active Member

teds right, tobacco made my ogdens of liverpool is no longer made there the actual liverpool factory is long gone its made somewhere out in europe
    condor is made by japan tobacco international

the company names are just kept on almost for historical referance

as for importing even though you guys like them a lot i doubt they would be bought due to the price, which would probably be near double as to what they cost over here.

17. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

and what they cost here is still more than the equivalent amount of baccy costs for you guys in the USA well apart from insanely high tax places like NYC where the tax is close to ours.

18. craig

craig Active Member

i think ny has higher taxes than us, i was watching a vid on the net where american spirit cigs cost like nearly 13 dollars

19. jediknight129

jediknight129 Member

from what I remember of my time there it was about the same as what I paid here 12$ is about 7.90 and 20 lucky strike is about that down here (brighton way) pipe tobacco the tax isnt as high which is why we are seeing stuff marked as pipe tobacco that rolls quite well and also part of why my brand of flavoured filtered cigarillo's (primetimes) no longer have a filter.

my brand of cigs when I have the scratch is Sorbanie Black or zigarov cherry or black devils which are 9.50-10 quid a pack. so yeah NY is close if not the same. its partially why I moved to the pipe I like the flavoured complex smokes and cant afford the prices for the sorbanie taste. I used to buy 12g of bulk rolling baccy and pay a mate 2 pints to roll me the lot because I cant do it due to my nerve damage.

20. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

One of the particularly vexing aspects of all this, at least to me, is that the absolutely delicious Revor Plug is now be made by Gawith,Hoggarth & Co., but for reasons unknown is not imported to the states with their many other great blends. Can't have everything you want I reckon. :confused: :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.