1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco on a stroll

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Faustspoodle, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faustspoodle

Faustspoodle Member

So I'm gonna be hanging out with some friends this weekend and we're planning on going on an easy hike through some forest trails. I kind of want to bring my pipe, is that a good idea? and what kind of tobacco would be good for that sort of thing?

2. AK Kilted Guy

AK Kilted Guy Member

I don't know why it would be a bad idea. I suppose if your pipe is a fancy expensive one, you may want to pick up a cob or two so as not to risk damage to your fancy one.

As far as tobacco goes, I'd bring what you have and like. If you're not sure, pick up some Prince Albert or Sir Walter Rileigh, and give it a go.

Have fun and enjoy!

Dutchking22 likes this.
  3. prole

prole Member

I'd grab a cob and a bic and whatever smoke you'll like. Use the outdoor smoking as a chance to maybe try some blends which have scarey room notes the non smokers don't love. Leave the briar and matches at home for safe keeping. Have fun whatever you choose!

Oh and don't forget to stuff your pockets with a pipe cleaner or two. Sometimes when I'm out walking with the dog I clench more often and get more saliva in the plumbing, gets gurggly

4. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

To keep your companions happy...an aromatic.
    To keep the bears away...an English.

Honestly though, whatever blend you like. I would think a less finicky blend like a burley would work best, but what do I know?

For a pipe again, depends on your prefences and potential concerns. No shame going cheap with a cob. :)

5. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

I do ALOT of walking, daily.. one of my fav's is a simple bowl of CH or SWR in a cob.. can't go wrong that way.

6. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

Another vote for the cob. Regarding the tobacco, whatever suits you, but I'd vote for the chance to get in an English or Balkan if you're not going to otherwise because of the room note.

7. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

Fantastic advice.

8. dhintonca

dhintonca Member

You might want a pipe cap if it's windy.

9. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

+1 on the pipe cap... I still have to order one myself..lol

10. dhintonca

dhintonca Member

I have several - keep one in the car, one in the RV, one lost.... :)

11. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

such as Condor...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.