1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco question #2: What is latakia?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by dmkerr, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blendtobac

blendtobac Member

Cyprian Latakia is made by hanging hands of Smyrna in barns and drying and curing it over fires of aromatic woods and herbs. Syrian Latakia is made using a strain called Shek-al-Bint and woods and herbs, with the primary wood being Syrian Oak, which is now scarce due to overharvesting.​
    Russ​

Jussto and ol gto like this.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

:appl:

Hey, if Id'a known we had a tobacco blender on board, I would have PM'd ya and skipped the rest of the process! :D

For some reason, I have a hankering for Lakeland Brickle right now... not sure why... but ain't gonna fight it....

3. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

A bowl full of Latakia and a glass full of a peaty whisky together, an occasional luxury.
    I wouldn't do it all the time 'cos that would spoil it but once every couple of months.................................. Bliss

4. Dunlibi

Dunlibi Member

Brings me to a question.
    I can buy latakia in it's unblended form can others do this?
    I haven't checked on-line because my B+M sells it.

5. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Yes. McClellands sells straight latakia. I know other blenders do as well but I've been happy with McC's so I haven't looked elsewhere. Chances are your B&M is buying the same stuff.

6. kleidophoros

kleidophoros Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.