1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco Storage- PSFer recommendation used

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BradNTX, May 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

Over the past few months, I've accumulated 11 bags of tobacco from .5 oz to 2.5 oz. I remember reading a thread last summer about using small jars. As I was organizing my tobacco cabinet, I found myself wanting something else. I had those 11 bags stuffed into a larger, rectangular tupperware style container.

Hmm... wasn't there a thread on this on PSF? I searched "smallest canning jar" and BINGO! Puff's baby food jar thread popped up to save the day. I asked my wife if she had any left over (Jack is now almost 3). She said, well sure, after you told me about wanting some last summer, I even washed them up for you. Ha!

Five samples Andy sent: McC AM, PM, 925, 5100 & SG 1792 and 2.5 oz of Carter Hall (need more). She also washed out a couple of sauce jars because they had a rubberized lids. She soaked them 10 minutes in soap w/a cap of bleach and then washed them in the dishwasher. No ghosts!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks Puff for the idea!

jmit likes this.
  2. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Nice collection ya got there! What are those spalted-wood looking jars behind the pipes? Those look pretty cool.

3. BradNTX

I wanted some toby canisters for storing my three favorite tobaccos from Just for Him: Shortcut to Mushrooms, Treebeard and Old Toby. I found a lady on eBay that had olive wood canisters that looked nice and were not real expensive. None of the canisters she had listed were the correct size, so I emailed her. She agreed to make them to my dimensions and those are what I got. They hold a half pound of toby each and work really well.

4. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Now, THAT'S recycling! Baby food jars make excellent lo-cost totally servicable jars for toby. Baby food contains no strong spicing/oils that can ghost tobaccos. Thanks for the spot-light Brad!

Nice "nook" ya got there!

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

5. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

What kind of labels are those on the jars? They look really neat and I would like to do something of that sort.

6. BradNTX

I was surprised too, to see how much the tall ones hold. I fit about 2 1/4 oz of Carter Hall into a tall one with just a light packing down.

And thanks for noticing my nook. :)

7. BradNTX

Thanks, they are Avery laser labels. I changed the font to resemble the font of the tobacco maker & blend when I could, just for a neat effect. Some of the canisters have the label off the tin glued to the front if I think its a tobacco I will buy again. I typed them up and printed them all at once on one sheet.

8. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Great collection ya got there... great idea on the baby food jars too!!!

9. Redone

Redone Member

That's one impressive collection for sure.

10. BradNTX

Thanks guys, but my measly 10 lbs of toby doesn't compare with the true TAD artists with 70 lbs, 100 lb & 200+ lb cellars. I'm working on it though. Good thing about my nook is there's plenty of room for expansion. The right side cabinet is totally empty! ;)

11. Beale

Beale Active Member

WOW! Great idea and sweet collection! I just got some samples. I gotta do something like that myself, Beale.

12. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

If I'd known you was gonna get all fancy, I'd a sent more varieties. My investment in Avery is really gonna pay off someday.

13. BradNTX

They are all good smokes.

I can always PM you my address again. I promise to dress those up too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.