1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco that gives you dry mouth?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Brian Damage, Apr 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian Damage

Brian Damage Member

Are there any specific blends that give you dry mouth every time you smoke them? Orlik Golden Sliced turns my mouth into the Sahara in June every time I smoke it. It just tastes so good I can't not smoke it.

2. Stoked

Stoked Member

Sure. I've found a few that seem to dry my mouth every time I smoke them, even when I haven't been over doing my pipe smoking to the point where I need to take a break.

I find Mac Baren Honey & Chocolate does it every single time. I don't know what it is about certain blends, but I agree they dry out the mouth more than others.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Mac Baren Honey and Chocolate dries my mouth out too. Actually, that's not specifically accurate. Towelling the vomit out of my mouth is probably where I ran into problems.

Seriously, certain blends will affect you a certain way and the next guy will not find it so. OGS doesn't make me dry, but I also don't find it tastes very good. Body chemistry has got to play a role, and how your senses are perceiving the flavors in the tobacco must also. :confused:

FlatbushPaul, Rewster66 and jdto like this.
  4. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

Most MacBarens blends dry my mouth a bit.

5. Tortuga

Tortuga Member

It does mine too. Luckily, I don't enjoy it much, so I don't have to deal with that dilemma.

6. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

Most anything with Latakia dries my mouth out, some more some less (or very little)... quite the opposite of anything with Kentucky in it which makes my mouth water (in all ways)...

7. Stoked

Stoked Member

Oh, c'mon Sas, it's not that bad. I know you love Mac B blends, and so do I. This one after it ages for a few years is actually decent when smoked in a meer. But it's one of those "very occasional" blends.

8. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Charles Fairmorn's Lancers Slices does it to me. It tastes fantastic but it's uncomfortable to smoke. I replaced it with GLP Odyssey in my rotation.

9. John Long

John Long Member

C&D Burley Flake No 4 did that to me first couple bowls but it hasn't been a problem since. It's a go to blend for me now. Love it.

Tried a bowl of Half and Half once. Major cotton mouth amongst other things I couldn't stand about that particular blend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.