Tobacco too dry?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jay, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Active Member

I had what I thought was going to be a too dry bowl of Pease's Westminster last night, and it actually surprised me by being a very flavorful experience. Not harsh at all, it retained all of the flavor that I remember from the rest of the tin, smoked really well. It did seem a little crispy while loading, but it sure delivered the goods here!

Anyone else with similar experience?

J

2. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

No, never. I never tried Westminster though, but a few tobaccos I tried that had become dry was not a good smoke.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Utterly tobacco-dependant. I have no idea why. Kingfisher "fresh" is great, dry it's harsh as hell. Navy Cavendish "fresh" smokes like hot underwear, and dried to almost brittle it's sweet and pungent.

:dunno:

Given a choice, I'll usually err on the side of too dry rather than too moist.

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Have to agree with the hairy beast. When I try a new tobacco, I smoke it straight from the tin...next day I'll dry it just a little. I keep this up until I have a crispy dry bowl. This lets me decide where I want to smoke that blend....and they vary widely.

5. Jay

Jay Active Member

good suggestion t-bear, I had always heard that there is a point whee it is too dry and tasteless, and I have experienced the baccy that was too dry. Your idea of testing while drying makes a lot of sense, as no two tobaccos are the same.

J

6. Rider

Rider Member

smoke much hot underwear lately? :ass:

because i have, and it was delicious

by navy cavendish do you mean McClellands?

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Yup as I've posted I've come round to the heresy myself - I still can't quite believe that it works and I don't get tongue bite!

You live and learn!

Happy smoking

Gerry

8. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I had the exact same experience with Westminster. I thought it was too dry and it turned out to be a good smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.