1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco too dry?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jay, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay

Jay Active Member

I had what I thought was going to be a too dry bowl of Pease's Westminster last night, and it actually surprised me by being a very flavorful experience. Not harsh at all, it retained all of the flavor that I remember from the rest of the tin, smoked really well. It did seem a little crispy while loading, but it sure delivered the goods here!

Anyone else with similar experience?

J

2. Tsurugi

Tsurugi Member

No, never. I never tried Westminster though, but a few tobaccos I tried that had become dry was not a good smoke.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Utterly tobacco-dependant. I have no idea why. Kingfisher "fresh" is great, dry it's harsh as hell. Navy Cavendish "fresh" smokes like hot underwear, and dried to almost brittle it's sweet and pungent.

:dunno:

Given a choice, I'll usually err on the side of too dry rather than too moist.

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Have to agree with the hairy beast. When I try a new tobacco, I smoke it straight from the tin...next day I'll dry it just a little. I keep this up until I have a crispy dry bowl. This lets me decide where I want to smoke that blend....and they vary widely.

5. Jay

Jay Active Member

good suggestion t-bear, I had always heard that there is a point whee it is too dry and tasteless, and I have experienced the baccy that was too dry. Your idea of testing while drying makes a lot of sense, as no two tobaccos are the same.

J

6. Rider

Rider Member

smoke much hot underwear lately? :ass:

because i have, and it was delicious

by navy cavendish do you mean McClellands?

7. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

Yup as I've posted I've come round to the heresy myself - I still can't quite believe that it works and I don't get tongue bite!

You live and learn!

Happy smoking

Gerry

8. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

I had the exact same experience with Westminster. I thought it was too dry and it turned out to be a good smoke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.