Tobacco trades?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by sorringowl, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum and fairly new to pipe smoking and making. Just wanted to see what's the proper protocol for tobacco trades.

I have some Esoterica Margate that is a little too strong for this newbie. I tried one bowl and it was a little overwhelming for me (taste and room note wise), personally, and I thought I might be able to trade it with someone for perhaps, some, Larsen 1864, Old Fashioned or Tinderbox 1928 Reserve, or some other slightly Aro (without heavy casing) tobac.

I'm beginning to see that I prefer naturally flavored Virginia's so, if you have one that you think would make a good trade for the heavy Latakia flavor of Margate, let me know.

Thanks!
    Sorringowl

2. pottsy

pottsy Member

Pssst, check out the trading post part of the forums. http://pipesmokersforum.com/forum/index.php?/forum/20-trading-post/

3. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I have a pretty good bit of Old Fashioned. I bet we could work out a swap.

4. sorringowl

5. sorringowl

Hey there, Glenn,
    Thanks for the offer! Would you possibly be interested in trading and ounce for an ounce? I'm trying to add to my cellar and I've never tried Old Fashioned so, I'd like to get as much mileage as I can. Let me know if that's an option.

6. pottsy

pottsy Member

You know what, you might have to have a certain number of posts before it is available. I don't recall seeing it in the beginning either. Either way, someone will probably help you out.

Just another thought. Maybe you should hang on to that Esoterica and come back to it later. That's the advice I have seen given here MULTIPLE times. You can order the TB 1928 Reserve online for a pretty decent price. http://www.tinderbox.com/Tinder-Box-Reserve-1928-Pipe-Tobacco-50-Gram-Tin-Pipe-Tobacco

7. sorringowl

Oh. That makes sense. Thanks for the advice.

8. pottsy

pottsy Member

No problem. This is a great forum. I am new to pipe smoking, and the people here are by far the most friendly bunch you will meet.

Also, make sure you read my edit above.

9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Yeah, you need a few more post. Almost there.....

10. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Yes, I'd trade oz for oz if you decide you want to. I probably have a few other tobaccos you'd like too. If you decide to trade I'd need to get your email addy from you. Or wait until you hit the 10 or 20 posts you need to send/recieve private messages and then we can work a deal. If you decide you want to get rid of it. No pressure at all.

11. sorringowl

Much obliged to you, Glenn. I'll do that.

12. sorringowl

Hey Glenn,
    just PM'd you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.