1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobacco with Vitamin N?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jomodeere, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Hey all,
    I was just pondering about how fellow pipe smokers talk about this wonderful vitamin n that they get from some tobaccos... How does one achieve this healthy vitamin? Is there a certain technique? Any tobaccos I should sample?
    Thanks all!

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Uh, vitamin N is nicotine. You wanna know what blends have a high kick of it?

3. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

From anything I have read and from my own experience Virginias contain more of this essential vitamin than any other kind of tobacco. That said 5Brothers which is aburley is said to have the highest vitamin N content on the planet,

Happy smoking!

Gerry

4. Jomodeere

Jomodeere Member

Oh yes I know what vitamin n is I was just wondering which kinds of tobacco have a good kick to them! So there isn't a certain technique involved? I have been smoking for a month or so now and haven't really gotten any out of my toby!
    T hanks all!

5. badbusinessman

badbusinessman ☺️

Try Old Joe Krantz from Cornell & Diehl or any Brown Rope from Gawith & Hoggarth.

Also, what size pipe are you smoking?

6. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Hi John.

Sent your box Sunday night.

Be well.
    Ol Brokedik.

7. PipeMeister

PipeMeister Member

Dunhill Royal Yacht, without a doubt the most vitamin "n" I've ever acquired in one delicious bowlful! :startle:

PipeMeister

8. morleysson

morleysson Member

I smoke OJK almost all day, and it can provided one's daily requirement of nicotine. When I feel the need to delve deeper, I will smoke 5Bros, but sheer insanity for nicotine will drive me into the gentle arms of Mammoth Cave Twist or Cotton Boll Twist. Either of the latter tobaccos will humble even those inured to the wiles of G-H ropes. And, the twists are cheaper than the ropes, but a bit hard to find.

9. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

10. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Sam Gawith 1792 is pretty zingy, and will return to the shops one of these days.

11. owias12

owias12 Member

I always found G&H Dark Birdseye to have a nice nic kick to it. I love the shag cut and real tobacco flavor. Kendall Kentucky has a nice nic. content, but not as strong as the DBE in my opinion.

hope this helps.

bp

12. yinyang

No technique. Either a blend has a healthy amount, or it doesn't. That said, your own body chemistry, whether you inhale, size of bowl, the fact that you're sick, or haven't ate...all can play into you feeling a nic buzz. But in the end, it's the blend.

The options the fellas are throwing out are all known nicotine rich weeds. I'd add Tambolaka and Irish Flake, most blends with a Kentucky element, and the vast majority of plug and rope cuts.

13. cathain

cathain Member

I agree with yingyang, Irish Flake is the strongest pipeweed I've smoked so far.
    I'm a cig smoker as well so I'm used to a nic hit. But halfway through a bowl of IF, I can realy feel it starting to blow my socks off.

14. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

I wouldn't say at all 5 Brothers has the highest vitamin N of tobaccos from wht I'm reading. Nor is Irish Flake, few blends from Gawith & Hoggarth sems to take the cake on Vitamin N. I could inhal Iris Flak wher no way in hell could I with 5 Brothrs...gags you, have yet to try Gawith & Hoggarth.

15. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Totally agree. Dark Birdseye, Kendal Dark and any of the Brown or Black twists will force me to sit down. :D

16. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

The first time I tried University Flake, I had to sit down for awhile. Both University and Irish Flake give me a good hit of the Vitamin N. I also got quite a hit with Chocolate Flake.

17. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I was expecting that from Irish Flake in particular, but it never happened. Oddly, I have the biggest nicotine issue with C&D's Kajun Kake. I don't know if that has a rep for being potent in the Vitamin N regard but it sure threw me for a loop!

18. yinyang

I have had enough of the discussed weeds to know any would be worthy additions to the ass kick department. I still think body chemistry, point in time, size of bowl, full belly, etc. will all affect us differently at different times. SG's 'Black Rope' kicked me hard first time out, but I don't notice it much anymore. Heck, I'm smoking OGS right now and feeling it...totally weird, since I'm of the mind it's a light VA. Now I wonder if I'm getting sick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.