TobaccoCellar.com

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by LawMonkey, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Hey guys--curious if you all happen to use the site mentioned above. Love to have a look at your cellars and be jealous. ;) Here's mine.

Stonewall likes this.
  2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

It's cool but not my type of thing . It's a free site , and I think it's fantastic for someone to keep track of their cellar . A sheet of paper woould work too , lol . I'm trying to go in the opposite direction . My dream cellar would be .. 20 lbs of Three Nuns , 20 lbs of MB GE , 20 Lbs Orlik Dark kentucky and 5lbs of Firedance . Thats 4 canisters ... Plus OTC pouch . I'll be dead before they'd be empty

PipeSimmo, jdto, xray and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I have mine on an Excel spreadsheet. It also has documented every pipe tobacco I have tried. Cool site though.
    Maybe I will do it one rainy day although I have about 20 other rainy day projects ahead of that.

jdto and Old Codger like this.
  4. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I rather like keeping things like this online--I keep track of my runs online, or I did before I started to forgo the "warmup." (I have a Garmin GPS tracker; it's lovely, but can take 5-10 minutes to get a satellite signal here in NYC. I am rarely willing to just stand around on the corner for 5-10 minutes before starting my morning run.) Of course, since I'm just starting out, there's no problem with "converting" my collection from one form to another.

Hmmm... I wonder if there's something like this for cigars...

5. Old Codger

Old Codger Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea since you're starting out. Excel sheet for me.

6. Gary

Gary Member

Mington likes this.
  7. Russ

Russ Member

I just packed up my cellar for the move. I am kind of sad, but when I unpack it, I am going to do a full inventory.

8. Marker

Marker Active Member

I have a 6x6x4 inch cardboard box that has all my tobacco in it. One tin of London Mixture (slightly used), 2 larger bags of Caramel Pipe shop 965, a pouch of SWRA and a ton of odd (but good) samples. Good times to start out.

9. LifeOfRiley

LifeOfRiley Active Member

If I get to the point where I have to write down what I have, I'll worry that my wife is on the verge of unilaterally easing my burden via the compost bin.

jdto and CMAsailor like this.
  10. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

I use a #2 pencil and the Big Chief tablet.

11. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Do you sharpen your own pencils, or just send them out to be professionly sharpened?

Taco, dBear, jdto and 4 others like this.
  12. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

This is OBD you're talking about. He just pops his dentures out and whittles it down with his incisors.

Forum Running

13. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

My wife makes me take my dentures out. She says I give great "gum" jobs.

Rodfather, conroygc, jdto and 2 others like this.
  14. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

Crap. I don't want to know what I've got, I'd feel guilty looking at new tobacco... And never write anything down you don't want to answer for later...

I treat my tobacco like my gun collection... When she asks about a particular one just say, "nah thats been there a while" :) and when she gives you the "yeah right" look, tell her how nice her hair looks. It's not dishonest cause she knows I'm really saying Yup it's brand spanking new! Especially when I mention the bit about her hair... :)

dwhit and Rodfather like this.
  15. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Thanks for the link. I have taken full advantage of the site. :th1:

16. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

17. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Happy to be of assistance--I found it on another message board I frequent. I'll be making a fairly substantial update tomorrow, if the UPS tracking # is correct... :D

Stonewall and Mington like this.
  18. dbt13

dbt13 Sales Account

Figured i would try to revive this thread. Here is my collection.

http://www.tobaccocellar.com/DBT13

I just started smoking pipes about two months ago. I've been smoking cigars for years and I would put up a few dollars here and there into a stogie fund and buy a couple boxes of Padron Maduros and a box of Camacho Corojos each year. That would give me enough for 1-2 a week. I switched to pipes assuming that for the same cost I could smoke 5-6 bowls a week. The money I saved for those cigars let me get about 4lbs this fall which should last me about two years...I hope.

BigJ likes this.
  19. Imrandy

Imrandy Member

You all kill me with your cellars i bet at any one time i only have maybe 3# of bacco. But im working on it i have found only 2 baccos i can smoke all the time just love them.

20. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

This is something of no use to me. I generally only have two 1.5 - 2 oz. pouches at any given time, CH and something else. By the good grace of Ruffinogold I currently have a 3rd option. Hopefully Christmas will be good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.