Tobaccos For Fall

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by MainePipe, Aug 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MainePipe

MainePipe Member

As much as I don't want summer to end ( well, except for the humidity part) I was wondering what you guys smoke in the fall? What pairs well with the pumpkinheads and other seasonal micro brews? what do you smoke while hunting?

From my current cellar I think I will start smoking more:

Scottish mixture
    50/50 sutliff no.5 and CH
    CH

My TAD will probably include:

Frog Morton
    Squadron Leader
    Telegraph Hill
    Grey havens
    Deep hollow
    I could go on and on and on...

So let's hear your tobaccos of choice for fall...

2. Coda

Coda Well-Known Member

I remember once thinking about tobaccos that were perfect for summer...then, summer rolled around, and I ended up smoking the same stuff I did in the spring...so I can appreciate the idea, but when it comes down to it, I just smoke...

Lithua pipe and Old Ted like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I find I like burleys more in cooler weather for some reason. So I'll be smoking more of those probably than I am currently.

Other than that, I'll be smoking a lot of the same stuff as always. I ought to get some Dark Flake Aromatic though, because I'm out, and that's great for autumn. Or winter....spring and summer, too.

Old Ted and Vaquero like this.
  4. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

I've only been smoking Telegraph Hill for a week now, but it's definitely one to stock up on for fall. I also like SWRA (the burley factor) for fall.

5. jeff394

jeff394 Member

I bought a few ounces of Northwoods just for when the leaves start to turn color, and I'm a big MB Navy Flake fan. It's great all year round.

Vaquero likes this.
  6. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Sounds like most smoke the stuff they like all year round! - I certainly do......never did get the 'tobaccos for different seasons' thing :msty:
    OT

dwaugh and Coda like this.
  7. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

I still have a long way to go until cool weather. Probably will get the first decent cool front in mid October. It'll feel like fall late Oct to mid Nov.

As it gets cooler I get the craving for all different kinds of big, full blends. Lats, orientals, virginias, vapers, you name it but more big, heavy blends than anything. Like me some dark fired kentucky blends in cool weather.

8. Uncleowen

Uncleowen Member

Ahh, that is when I pull out or order Vermont Maple from pipeworks and wilke!

Lithua pipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.