1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Tobaccos that you think I will like!

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by bluepipe, Mar 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

Hey guys, how is everyone?

It would be nice to have some suggestions on tobaccos that I might like based on the ones I laready know I like.

From G&H:
    no.2 flake !!
    Glengarry !!
    Ennerdale
    Circular navy cut - I think it's what you might call Lakeland

Other that I liked:
    A blend called three escudos - it's virginia with perique and I have my tobacconist add more perique to it. I want to find more of these blends but it's the only va+per blend my tobacconist has.
    Peterson University flake - a bit too heavy on the nic

The ones that I have tried and did not like or wasn't excited about:

Latakia blend from tobacconist
    Erinmore balkan mix
    Lightweight aromatics - I tried them when I first switched from cigs and I needed a nic hit. Anything really lightweight in nic and aroma I don't find pleasing.
    Bosun cut and westmorland - they are really heavy on the nicotine without much extra aroma. They are too strong for me.

So to summarise, I guess I don't like latakia (not sure though!), very light or very strong tobaccos. I like virginias!

I am trying to create a list to order online from the US. So all you USA pipe smokers out there - please I could use your opinion.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

bluepipe

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Man, it's a wide open playing field then.

If you like Va/Pers, how about something exotic...Sunday Picnic by C&D, or Tudor Castle by McClelland. These are vapers with an oriental leaf component. Relatively unique, without being too much a stretch for you taste wise.

There is so many other options, though, I'll let others 'pipe' up.

3. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

I have only tried one va/per and I seem to like it. It's good when I want something that is not "sweet". That's the reason I like the no.2 flake as well. It's not sweet. Completely plain. btw, I didn't know there was so much difference between Latakia and Perique.

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Couple of no-brainers: Scottish Cake from Robert McConnel, Navy Cavendish from McClelland

5. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

You are prime for Reiner Long Golden Flake.

6. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Preferably in bulk? Oh mighty ones please help. I made a list of things that seem good only by reading the tobacco content from 4noggins bulk tobaccos - basically everything with virginia and without latakia!

Sas, are all "scotich" and "navy" supposed to represent the same thing?

Oh god that Reiner is expensive even in the US !

7. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Nah the Navy Cavendish is a rum-soaked virginia affair, some cigar-ish notes and some really sweet tastes tucked deep in.

Scottish Cake is basically a Va/Per broken flake. I don't know if it's topped - it smells heavenly. Manly stuff - full flavor and no bull****. If you want a tasty Va/per, this one is really good.

8. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

For bulks - the McClelland bulk va/per is good - 5110? I can't remember the number.

Also the 4noggins blends are yummy - Rich knows what he's doing.

9. bluepipe

bluepipe Member

Good info right there! Thanks a lot. I typed my question wrong though. What I meant to say is: Are there any similarities between "navy" blends OR "scotish" blends? - like for example when a blend has "english" or "balkan" in the name it means there is latakia.

10. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Alamosa from 4noggins is pretty delicious! It's a Virginia/Perique blend with a very light (floral?) topping. Solid Medium in strength. A very tasty broken flake!

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bulls Eye Flake is very good. Light/Medium in strength. Looks groovy!

If you want a more Perique, try John Patton's Cool Hand Fluke. I haven't tried it but have read mostly good things about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.