1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Today I found Carter Hall

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beefcube, Mar 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beefcube

Beefcube Member

I've never seen Carter Hall in any B&M around here.
    Today I took the time to look in CVS, RiteAid, Walgreens and Shoopers Food. Not a dang pouch anywhere, plenty of Capt and Riff and the Smokers Pride big bags.
    Well I glanced my eyes at the State Police barracks and next to it... WHAAAAT ?
    Big red letters TOBACCO STOP.
    Got a small trial pouch and a mini MM hardwood 8$ total.
    I smoked in the mini and in a cob. Was impressed and may go thru this pouch quick for the price. Yep ya'all done good letting me know about this CH stuff.

:puffy:

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Yup! GOOOOOOODDDD stuff!! And the cobs make it even better!!!

Darkly and ol gto like this.
  3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Yep it is a pretty tasty blend...I still personally prefer PA...but that may change....I'm really enjoying the pouch of Carter Hall I just got :)

4. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Enjoy beefcube!

5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I'm an SWR and Cherry blend guy . But the Carter Hall is so damn good ! I've smoked less Cherry Blend because of it . The PA Choice is kinda like Carter Hall ... at least enough for me to say that if someone liked CH .... they'd almost have to enjoy PA Choice also

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I think it's about time I open a pouch. I've had this stuff bouncing around for ages. I've given more away (some smokers across the pond) than I have left. I don't know what I am waiting for anymore..

7. Ozark Nick

Ozark Nick Member

Open it! Open it! :puffy:

And enjoy that stuff Beefcube, I'll try some new stuff every once in a very great while but I always come back to the simple pleasure of Carter Hall!

ol gto likes this.
  8. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Carter hall is the only OTC that I felt confident enough about to order a tub of... when all else fails, Carter Hall in a cob wins.

NoRm, MakDragon, ol gto and 1 other person like this.
  9. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Enjoy.

10. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

A great smoke in a cob!

11. homebrewer

homebrewer Member

I've been bouncing back and forth between CH and PA.
    I'm starting to lean more towards the CH.

cobbsmoker likes this.
  12. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

They are both very good smokes in a cob, my preference use to be for PA, now CH is my default tobacco but I still smoke PA on a regular basis.

13. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

I've smoked CH but never in a cob. Not real fond of it in meerschaum, briar or clay, and I ended up trading it to Old Ted. Now that I have a cob, I may want to revisit it.

Darkly likes this.
  14. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I smoke CH in both my cobs and briars and it smokes and tastes totally different in each pipe, PA I do not like in a briar and only smoke in a cob, it's weird.

15. dmkerr

It's not really weird - that's why I mentioned it. Some tobaccos just seem made for certain types of pipe. Shoot, I smoke mostly meerschaum and there's one tobacco that not only doesn't smoke well for me in a meer, it only smokes well in one briar. One. Now THAT is weird! :D

cobbsmoker likes this.
  16. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

80% of my smoking is cobs, 17% meers (I never take them to work, only smoke them at home) 3% briar. I only smoke CH, but it is almost like 3 different tobaccos depending on which style of pipe I smoke. I am happy enough with CH, I don't feel a need to try something I might or might not like. Sure I may be missing out on some very good tobaccos, but I don't exactly feel like I am depriving myself either. I was "old school" when "old school" wasn't cool.:old:

17. dmkerr

I'm of the school that since I don't eat the same foods every day, I don't smoke the same tobaccos. I think I could, however, eat pizza every day if I didn't have to worry about turning into the Incredible Blimp.

EmperorGix, Mington and MakDragon like this.
  18. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Dan,

We won't let school pride interfere with things here. It is all good, even if different.

ol gto likes this.
  19. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

I would really like to try CH and other classic American OTC's I can only get my hands on Captain Black, Borkum, and Sail :( Is CH cased in any way?

20. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Got a pouch on the way. Kinda looking forward to it. If I like it, I'll buy a big can next TAD purchase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.