Todays Stogie 2013 - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm smoking an Avanti. Because I freaking love these things. I've yet to smoke a bad one.

Marker and D-Pap like this.
  2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

601 Serie Green Tronco.... I finally got around to trying a Blue and a Red. I think the Blue is my favorite but all three are pretty decent smokes.

Brian Stephen, Marker and D-Pap like this.
  3. CaKy

CaKy Member

Hadda Big O this evening...eyeballin' the baccy shelves for a nightcap.

[​IMG]

4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

My precious... only have three of these left, and I bought them in November. They're just too good to keep my hands off of them. Luckily they're (relatively) cheap, so another box is in order soon.

[​IMG]

Moose, D-Pap, Brian Stephen and 3 others like this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

Burn started off wobbly, but it's fixed now. And look at that gorgeous wrapper.

[​IMG]

6. user2453

user2453 Member

Had a Ruination in Robusto this afternoon. What a nice cigar. It held all of my attention until the end, plenty of flavor and complexity throughout. I only have one left! Had a La Aurora corojo earlier, I probably won't buy more of those. I am going to let the 3 others rest for a bit. The first La Aurora I smoked I loved, this 5 pack is strangely different.

Marker, psquared, D-Pap and 2 others like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Avanti. OOOOOoooooh, yeah. Would only be better with a cup of espresso, but I need to get up in the morning!

D-Pap likes this.
  8. CaKy

CaKy Member

Iron Mike musta been cooking with cayenne to start with. The sweet tea assisted with the blaze.

[​IMG]

9. Mount Mandolin

These are getting better with time. Bet they'll be great a year from now... if I have any left. Still not sure about the cigar of the year thing, but it's definitely a great stick, especially once it hits the halfway mark.

[​IMG]

Moose, Marker, GlassSculptor and 3 others like this.
  10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

^those ARE delicious....

I'm not so classy tonight. I have no problem with this. Muniemaker Breva in a maduro wrapper. It's pretty similar to the ordinary moneymakers....but maduro.

The flavor is decent enough, I'm enjoying the taste of this smoke...but the draw is a little stubborn, even after clipping it.

11. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Good evening. image.jpg

12. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

[​IMG]
    Holy Crap! This is fantastic!

13. user2453

user2453 Member

An Ashton aged Maduro in Lonsdale vitola. This cigar is lovely in all aspects. This smoke exhibits a Great sweet, nutty profile with a woodsy finish. I find the burn and draw Excellent, and the smoke output is nice and smooth. I wish there were some more of these in my humidor!

14. GlassSculptor

My third CLE Cuarenta robusto......a pleasant cigar. I think this is a nice any time of the day smoke. Nice flavors and very well constructed. I smoked it pretty fast and it never got funky.

:th1:

15. GlassSculptor

Moving right along.....

[​IMG]

Another fine cigar from Marker...:toast:

The beer's not too shabby either.....Hey, it's Friday and you only turn 49 once....right?

16. GlassSculptor

[​IMG]

What a nice cigar!

17. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

Judging from the previous posts it's obvious that I should try to befriend Marker. ;)
    But until that happens I guess I'll have to settle for this.

[​IMG]

Now I see what all the fuss is about!

[​IMG]

Most enjoyable.

ryan65, psquared, Marker and 4 others like this.
  18. user2453

user2453 Member

Marker seems like a very generous cigar guru/buddy.

D-Pap likes this.
  19. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Yes he is.

20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I can't afford to smoke expensive cigars everyday - part of the reason I intentionally developed an appreciation of cheap machine made sticks. However, sometimes you need to just treat yourself - especially when you have something to celebrate.

I hadn't had one of these in years, but while I couldn't remember anything about it beyond them being quite mild, I remember them being extremely good, and preferring them to Macanudos for a fine, mild cigar. Definitely mild - not mild-medium. Soft as satin. This is a robusto tubo, and I think it ran me about 10 bucks. I had recollections of it being good, so I picked it up and I've been waiting for a couple weeks until I decided tonight was the night to reacquaint myself with this cigar. I just found out today that I have earned a place on the Dean's List last semester. I'm quite pleased about that, and think it's as good a reason as any to fire up a fancy one.

This IS a good cigar. Exquisite, really. I normally prefer at LEAST a medium bodied smoke...but this...this is just so well done. I find even the nicest smokes sometimes have that first half inch where things just don't taste so good at all....not this one. It was creamy, smooth, mild, yet flavorful right from the first puff. I'm really happy this is the stick I chose for tonight! :thu2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.