Todays Stogie 2013 - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaKy

CaKy Member

A go-to Rodrigo Clasico Habano in my fav'rite vitola - toro...sittin in my fav-rite chair...in my fav-rite position ...bare-footin it on the porch listening to the fireworks pop & watching the lightning bugs dance. A perfect night in the Bluegrass .

2. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

To continue with the 5 Vegas theme

[​IMG]

The flavor on this one wasn't bad but also wasn't anything to brag about. I had to get a bit aggressive with the cut to get a good draw and overall I'd have to call the burn a bit wonky.

[​IMG]

3. CaKy

CaKy Member

Wonky must be a little better than cattywampus.

psquared, D-Pap and GlassSculptor like this.
  4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Oliva V belicoso last night, with ****loads of wine on the side (red Burgundy and red Bordeaux). Friend's birthday in Atlanta, so yeah, good time.

5. CaKy

CaKy Member

6. Moose

Moose Active Member

Had my first Pepin My Father cigar today. Quite the flavor bomb. I have five more, don't believe they will survive long in the humidor.:byg:

7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Cuenca y Blanco corona real. This stick has a tight draw. Can't tell if its plugged or just rolled too tight. First one I've smoked, so it wouldn't be fair to really give any thoughts yet because this draw is irking me.

8. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I bought 10 Robusto Deluxes a couple months ago and sadly almost all of them have been a struggle to smoke. I've smoked 7 of them and only one had a nice draw.

D-Pap likes this.
  9. javajunkie

javajunkie Member

CyB will smoke a LOT better if dry boxed down to about 62RH, for what it's worth. at 70%, and even 65%, they are aggrivating, but they are totally worth it! o)

also, had an ortega serie D maduro before sun up today.

10. Mount Mandolin

This is da troof. They need to be dry boxed. I've had the same frustrations with the Toro but if you put them in a dry box for awhile. And yeah, I agree that they're worth it.

GlassSculptor and D-Pap like this.
  11. GlassSculptor

Just about every one I've snipped has had a very packed head. Not sure if drying them will help but I'll have a go at it......it sure can't hurt. I think they taste great but I just haven't been able to get much air through them.

12. GlassSculptor

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Robusto Maduro.......:th1:

D-Pap, nesta and Johnny Dingo like this.
  13. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

La Flor Dominican Colorado Oscuro :th1:

[​IMG]

CaKy, psquared, GlassSculptor and 2 others like this.
  14. ronbruce61

ronbruce61 Member

AF Magnum 44........delicious.

Ron

CaKy and D-Pap like this.
  15. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

601 La Bomba. Tasty.

CaKy and SidZiff like this.
  16. javajunkie

javajunkie Member

had a gifted LP9 robo to unwind from the day. after my bowl of OGS was done. o)

CaKy, Moose, GlassSculptor and 2 others like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just finished a mathematics course on Friday - I wasn't sure how I did. If I had gotten lower than a C I would have more math classes to take as an undergrad. C or higher and I get credit and no more math. I went into it with a B- and didn't feel like I did too well on the exam.

I found out today that I did not, in fact, do too well on the exam - but I still got through the course with a C+, which in this case and by my reckoning is a smashing success! A little irritating because I was all stoked for having a 4.0 last semester, but hey, I can live with this.

I had a lousy cigar on my way home from the library tonight - Garcia y Vega. I was getting ready for bed and realized given the news I got today I'd be messing it up if I didn't have at least one pleasant cigar today. So I just lit up an A.J. Fernandez (suspected Puro Authentico) corona for a night cap. Only this will do after a big bowl of Kendal Dark, unless I had an LFD Double Ligero maduro chiselito :nwor:

But this will suffice for today. I have no classes on Thursday for the fourth, so I'll fire up a more special cigar and celebrate properly. Perhaps my AVO #9, or perhaps something else that's good!

18. Mount Mandolin

Ladies and gentlemen, tonight's entertainment will consist of two things. The first is a JL Seleccion No.1:

[​IMG]

The second is a really fantastic poem. I'm going to take it on faith that everyone will read it (because we all know how people love to be force fed poetry). But really, it's worth your two or three minutes. It's two and a half pages, and I'm posting them in order. I don't really know where to find this online, so I just took pictures of the pages of my own copy of this book of Fenton poetry. This is "The Skip", by James Fenton. Oh, and please note, a "skip" is Brit slang for a dumpster.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope at least one person reads it, but I'm not holding my breath. I can promise that you will think it's very clever, at the very least.

But if you didn't like it, or you're annoyed by me filling up all this space with poems instead of cigars, you're still welcome to like my post by virtue of the delightful cigar I'm smoking. :D (But really, this thing is absolutely fantastic. Kind of meaty.)

19. Moose

Moose Active Member

Not ever been much for poetry MM, but I did read all of it and found it interesting. I believe I get the message, but not being a scholar of poetry, I'm sure I missed something.

Thanks for sharing, Oh, nice cigar!

Mount Mandolin and D-Pap like this.
  20. CaKy

CaKy Member

[​IMG]

482 days marinating this Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum maduro @ 67-68%. Had $1.72 in it...part of a sampler back then. Had some bad experience with some AB's time ago that was made even worse when I would read the high ratings from that mag cuz I went at it with big expectations. That was then. This is now.

Most all my AB cigars have been rather safe from my plundering fingers when I go on a "wha'doiwannasmokenow?" through various humidors. My eyes say "Gorgeous cigar!" but my taste buds opposed based on the previous let-downs.

Feeling somewhat gluttonous for punishmentus, I over-ruled my taste buds & memory then let my eyes make the selection. This slightly box-pressed lovely was built about right for the time span allotted and I was jonesin' for some maduro sweetness. Tempus Quadrum...meet the business end of my double-flame torch.

Although it had been a while since my last AB, which was a Family Blend stick, my taste buds had not forgot that disappointing hour spent. I wasn't expecting much from this one. While not a cigar to rave about, it does reinforce the idea that one should not write off all future models of a certain brand because of a few let-downs. I'm bad for that.

Said all that to answer the thread title...

Alec Bradley Tempus Quadrum maddie for lunch with coffee. Not the worst I've had. A little mild for my tastes but "they" say it's touches on the full side of strength. My meter is broken. Where's that Texas Pete hot sauce? I need to souse the tip of this box-pressed cigar down in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.