1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Stogie 2013 - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalkinStick

WalkinStick Active Member

Consider my question answered. I'll have to grab a fiver and check them out. :th1:

psquared and GlassSculptor like this.
  2. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

The last couple if days I've gotten to smoke some great cigars. I've had a Partagas 898, CAO LX2 Lancero, LFD Double Ligero Chisel, and a Kristoff Kristina. What I'm smoking now is right up there at the top, a Room 101 Daruma Papi Chulo, a terrific cigar. image.jpg

3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

4. user2453

user2453 Member

Following some of the veteran posts as a cigar buying guide has not lead me astray. I'm just finishing a My Father 1922 petite Robusto. That was a great smoke for sure. Got nearly 90 minutes out of the little bugger.

Marker, psquared, D-Pap and 3 others like this.
  5. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Hemingway Signature. This thing has been sitting for awhile and it is smoking so well right now. Easily one of the best Hemingways I've ever smoked.

[​IMG]

6. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

[​IMG]

Marker, D-Pap and Moose like this.
  7. user2453

user2453 Member

I had a strange smoking experience tonight. The cigar was a 5 Vegas triple A Maduro. It's got some heft weighing in at 5x56. I lit it up tonight after a late dinner at 11 pm. The flavor was good and the smoke was plentiful. I got a lot of cocoa and leather with a long finish with hints of pepper. I just put it down at 12:39 am and I had only made it through half of the stick. I am not a super fast puffer taking a draw or two a minute, but this cigar just kept going. I had some burn trouble and finally the cigar just went out. I couldn't get it re lit after a couple tries and it was getting cool out so I ended it.

I have seen a couple reviews of this cigar, and the burn time to the nub was just over an hour. I am finding the cigars I get on cbid burn a lot slower than any cigar I buy. I don't know if they just like offloading the over filled cigars there or what, but I'm not complaining. I store my cigars at 65% and try to rest the ones that arrive via UPS 3-4 weeks.

D-Pap likes this.
  8. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

Tatuaje was my 1st Submarine Captain's favorite cigar & he used to pass them out to whomever was in the bridge when he came up to the conning tower for a "look around". Brings back memories~

9. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

CAO Italia - might as well stay on theme

[​IMG]

I was quite pleased with the flavor on this one but the burn was a bit wonky, close to being cattywampus, ah hell. The burn was all over the place on this one.

[​IMG]

10. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

HC El Corojo.

Marker, psquared, D-Pap and 1 other person like this.
  11. jason1977

jason1977 Active Member

That's a brand I won't be replacing anytime soon in my humidor....that & Casa Magna....they make greet meer pipes, but their cigars are anything but impressive.

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

For the majority of CAO offerings I'm in agreement Jason. But the Brazilia GOL is an enjoyable cigar.

jason1977, psquared and D-Pap like this.
  13. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

I second that!

14. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

I also enjoy the CAO America Potomac.
    Tonight I'm smoking an awesome Holy Lancero.

Marker likes this.
  15. CaKy

CaKy Member

And how could I forget the MX2?

16. CaKy

CaKy Member

Pigs do fly...

[​IMG]

Moose, Marker and psquared like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I like a few of the CAO offerings...Brazilia, Criollo, Black, Mx2....there are a few I don't like much, though. The Americana doesn't do it for me, nor does the Traviata. I do enjoy the Gold, but they're nothing special.

I actually just lit up an Italia Ciao. Larger ring gauge than I prefer, but I forgot how much I like this blend. Not a home run, but very pleasant - no harsh notes, nice medium bodied smoke, not even a hint of rough-around-the-edgeness at light up....this isn't something I'd buy a box of, but this was a gift and I'm really enjoying it!

Marker likes this.
  18. AustinLM

AustinLM Active Member

Found it a little weird that the name, when translated, means "Pure Blood".

D-Pap likes this.
  19. user2453

user2453 Member

Went with a plain old Olivia O in Perfecto tonight at the cigar shop. I actually smoked it at a nearby park. After using the house cutter, I'm beginning to wonder why I bought a plastic cigar cutter. II think the solid steel double guillotine has a nice feel and a good clean cut. It had a backstop, maybe it was the Cuban crafters model. I'm using the plastic Perfect cutter and its so so.

Sorry for rambling. Earlier today I tried a CAO La Traviata. Also So So but I guess it saved me a few bucks.

D-Pap and Marker like this.
  20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Possibly the most physically attractive cigar in the world. The wrapper (which is in poor lighting here) plus the yellow band and the shape of it. It just calls to you. Found this one buried in my CC humidor and decided its time had come.

[​IMG]

Oh, and it tastes even better than it looks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.