Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

First ever Muniemaker was lit maybe one minute ago.

Right off the bat, it tastes like a cigar. This could be something good!

Rewster66 likes this.
  2. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Don Pepin blue label. I swear they've changed the blend. It's missing most of the pepper that it once had (just last year). Still not bad, just not as good.

Rewster66 likes this.
  3. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Mine have been sitting for 3 weeks and there's already a huge difference. I need to score some more so they can sit till next winter.

4. CaKy

CaKy Member

Sittin' on da porch working on a #49 Anejo. Cigar's bout long as my leg and not nearly as hairy. Black as hate but this is a whole lotta sweet maduro flavor. It's about 65 degrees out here @ the end of january! I'll take it after spending last week up east freezing.

Spillproof likes this.
  5. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Smoking an 1844 courtesy of Marker.
    First time smoking one of these little guys; I like it, I like it a LOT.

6. 421eme

421eme Member

Had a Partagas Ser D No 4 Especial 2010 Limited Edition on Sunday night - was a fabulous stogie! Thanks goodness I have 4 more sitting in the humidor!

I loves my Cuban cigars - just hate the high taxes we get jammed for up here in Canada.

All the best, Carl

Marker, Mount Mandolin and psquared like this.
  7. CaKy

CaKy Member

For lunch...

[​IMG]

8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I've got a fiver of those in the humidor that I ordered about a month ago after hearing Marker give them some praise. Now that makes two votes of confidence. I cannot wait to give one a try. We've been having 40-50 degree temperature changes here combined with rain and snow, and my sinuses are not happy with all that, so I've been letting my cigars get some rest. Nothing worse than lighting up a good cigar and realizing two or three puffs in that you're not going to be able to taste it at all. Glad to hear such good things though, and I smoke vicariously through you all for now.

Spillproof, Marker and gentimmy like this.
  9. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

10. CaKy

CaKy Member

That guy's always overpaying for that kind of stuff. They can be had for 11 - 14 bucks at several B&Ms I know of and he's in cigar heaven down there so I know they're available to him. But that's what makes the world go round I guess. I'll just stick with my ol' cheap cigars. It's been a good day for Fuentes stuff round my house so I'm closing this one out with this tasty toro.

[​IMG]

WrightwoodJohn, psquared and gentimmy like this.
  11. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Gonna break into an A. Fuente short story tonight that psquared PIF'd me. See if I can get away with a cigar in the basement.

12. Texvet

Texvet Member

Bobalu Brown Label from Austin, TX in Robusto -

13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Had a Marsh Wheeling earlier on my walk over to pay the rent....it's dang cold out, but I bundled up well, and the walk is just long enough that if I take my time I can smoke one....but I wouldn't have anywhere close to enough time if I drove....so I dealt with the cold.

I might like up a Hoyo de Monterrey tonight, but we'll see.

14. Mount Mandolin

CaKy likes this.
  15. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've been enjoying my machine made cigars lately of course, and in fact had a Marsh Wheeling earlier today....but I went out to the opera tonight (saw Xerxes) and for all their virtues, I'll be darned if I'm gonna put on nice clothes and cologne and go out to the opera and smoke some machine made stogies before and after :)

So I lit up one of the Excalibur maduros for the walk over, and it was really very pleasant. It's funny how when you get used to petite coronas and panatelas and things, a regular corona feels like a pretty big cigar!

On the walk home a few minutes ago, I had a Hoyo sabroso. It was excellent!

I've never smoked the Excalibur and the Hoyo so close together before. I learned that while I enjoy both, honestly I prefer the fuller bodied Hoyo de Monterrey to the medium bodied Excalibur maduros. The Excalibur are smoother, but they pay for it in terms of total flavor. The flagship Hoyo just seemed much more flavorful, and with deeper flavor despite the smaller ring gauge. Seeing as the flagship Hoyos are also less expensive, I know what I'll be buying in the future :)

BTW, the production of Xerxes was simply fantastic. It definitely further increased my respect of Handel!

16. Mount Mandolin

[​IMG]

Some kind of LCDH special release from 2009/2010, thanks the generosity of one of our fine members here. Tasty cigar with a perfect burn, and you can tell the few years of age have mellowed the flavor profile nicely. Have a good week everyone.

Rewster66, psquared and Labman like this.
  17. CaKy

CaKy Member

After dinner Fuente...sun grown & belicoso, this time, with coffee and feet propped up. Back to playing in traffic tomorrow with Herf-A-Dors loaded with road 'gars and pipe case fully stocked.

[​IMG]

18. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Had a Dunhill cigar at the B&M courtesy of Wrightwood John.
    And then an ancient Punch Rothschild on the way home.

19. Texvet

Texvet Member

I just got done wrestling a CAO Gold, and I almost lost!!! It was the 1st CAO cigar I've tried. I had to cut about an inch off the foot in order to get enough of draw to light it. It seemed like it wanted to be a nice smoke, but didn't open up, so I chucked it. I've got 4 more - so I am trying to reserve judgment.

20. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

superbowl smokes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rewster66, psquared, Marker and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.