Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Still never had a Dunhill cigar. I am assuming it was not one of the old CC productions of Dunhill cigars, but maybe that's an incorrect assumption. I understand that those are worth quite a sum. I guess now they're made by British American Tobacco in the DR, is that right? I'm interested in them just because I'm interested in Dunhill history, but I can't seem to find them anywhere in B&M's, if they're to be found at all.

By the way, how was it?

SidZiff likes this.
  2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Nope not a CC, I think DR and Connecticut wrapper. I had never had one before today and it was very tasty (thanks WJ!).

Comparable to a Macanudo (creamy and mild) but with a bit more oompf towards the very end.

3. Mount Mandolin

Here's one I think we can all agree on:

[​IMG]

Thanks for this Russ. It's a great smoke. I have had almost every other LFD, but believe it or not, I had never had the regular Air Bender in a regular vitola (this one being a robusto). LFD can tend to be a bit aggressive, but this one is silky smooth without being mild or weak. Again, really tasty.

Just curious, how long had this one been sitting around? Tastes like it had been well kept for a good little while.

BigJ, Spillproof, Rewster66 and 2 others like this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

just had a Principe

5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Just had a La Aurora Leoninos Corojito....little 5x36 petite(!) corona.

Tasty! Super affordable (75 for 50 bucks at CI right now!), medium bodied, crisp ash, well constructed with nice draw and slow, even, deliberate burn. Lasted about half an hour, and though it started out pretty uneventful the middle of the cigar was nice as one can expect and the end saw it developing a nice bit of spice. All things considered, buying 75 of them seems to have been an excellent investment

edit: this was a good cigar. I'm still happy about having smoked it, 45 minutes after originally posting. The thing is, this wasn't a Joya de Nicaragua, or La Flor Dominicana, or Ashton or Gurkha or any other cigar you might love. It wasn't a masterpiece. But it was darn good. For the price of a Swisher Sweet I got a cigar as good as any moderately priced medium bodied Dominican or Honduran smoke. Nothing more, no frills, but enjoyable and satisfying. Given the price, I feel like I'm getting away with something. Try these...if nothing else, they'll be good when you're mowing the lawn.

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. Spillproof

Had a MoW Puro Authentico earlier today.

I needed cigar ash to polish some silver.
    It was a real sacrifice.

psquared and Albert like this.
  7. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

EP Carrillo Core Natural Predilectos. Pretty damn good.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  8. Texvet

Texvet Member

La Aurora 1495 - Robusto

9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I've had two of the Leoninos Corojitos today, bringing my grand lifetime total so far to a whopping three. The first two were great, the third got kinda rough around the edges because I rushed it (teach me to smoke a small cigar while walking quickly)

[​IMG]

It looks uglier in the picture than in real life partly because of the lousy camera phone. They actually hold a decent ash for a cigar of this size....that was from this morning. It's weird, the grass looks crisp, but the cigar's band is out of focus and the edges look pixel-y :)

10. Spillproof

About to return some pipes to the pipeshop, which gives me an hour and half round trip for smoking ;-)

Bringing a AB Prensado, and a couple pipes.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  11. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

La Aurora Maduro - Robusto. First smoke in about a month, mainly due to the weather. Today's smoke was in a light rain at 40f.
    Not the best of conditions but I was desperate. ;)

12. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Tatuaje el triunfador #5. Not as peppery as most Tatuaje's but still darn good. I have yet to be dissapointed by Tats.

Spillproof, gentimmy and Labman like this.
  13. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

No clue what I'm smoking :)

I had good luck with the Fonseca overruns I bought, but they were milder than I generally want. So I got some A.J. Fernandez overruns, because apparently he's known for some good, full bodied blends!

I've been slumming it with the dinky <$1 smokes....well, I decided it's nice and warm out, I deserve to try these, so I'm getting all ritzy and smoking a cigar that cost me a whopping buck fifty

30 dollars for 20 londales from one of the blends Fernandez makes. It has a light natural/Connecticut wrapper, a blast of sweet spice on first light but now it's milder, subtle, smooth as silk and a good medium bodied smoke, whatever this is. I'm only maybe an inch and a half into the smoke, though, so there's plenty of time for it to develop. Perfect draw, rich flavor....I'm in heaven

14. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Alec Bradley Black Market. Got a run and became unenjoyable after 45 min. That first 45 minutes...wow.

15. Mount Mandolin

At the B&M:

[​IMG]

Been awhile since I had one of these. They're still fantastic.

psquared, Spillproof, Labman and 2 others like this.
  16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had another Corojito earlier. Right now, though, going for a Principes "Master" ... I'm so happy with these, they're short filler, but tasty. Cheap cheap cheap, tastes and looks like a good cigar, just gotta be careful to be easy on the draw and you're golden :th1:

17. CaKy

CaKy Member

Into the northeast and back out before Snowzilla hit. Comfortably and gratefully back at the home 20 resting my buns in my other favorite seat...this one not bouncing around 6 feet off the pavement. While up east, stopped in to a fav B&M in Delaware and picked up some cigars. Anything Gary Griffiths (Emilio Cigars) offers is always something I have to try. I had not got around to toasting one of these yet but tonight....Mmmm. Lovin' a lot of these smaller boutique makers cigars. If you see one of these at a B&M, grab hold and enjoy. Picked up some Ortega "Wild Bunch 2013" and they are next on the agenda...probably this weekend. But tonight, it's this Emilio Los Regalas Quetzal with expresso...

[​IMG]

18. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

I'm burning a CAO Cameroon, courtesy of psquared. I'm liking this a lot more than I thought I would. I'll be getting more of these.

psquared, Marker and Spillproof like this.
  19. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

The second 1/2 of this was sublime.
    [​IMG]

Mount Mandolin, nesta and Spillproof like this.
  20. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had a Corojito earlier, and a Principe after that. Tomorrow is Chinese New Year, so tonight is a New Years Eve do over since I didn't have an especially fun December 31st-Jan 1st. Therefore, I will probably indulge in a nice premium from the humidor tonight :)

Spillproof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.