Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albert

Albert Active Member

Hell of a vd day johnny.... glad to see you barreling full force into the fumar noir....

2. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

damnit, am i gonna have to spark a stick too?

3. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

[​IMG]

Mount Mandolin, gentimmy and Albert like this.
  4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

Baby Face...because i succumb to peer pressure

psquared and Mount Mandolin like this.
  5. Johnny Dingo

This stick is getting some sharp, spicy notes on the end here. Makes me need more beer.

6. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

grab a beer and ill pour another glass of whiskey.

Keep your review going

7. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Having another one, a Quintero:

[​IMG]

Moo piqued my curiosity about these, and I managed to track some down to see what he was on about. I love this sort of thing: a nice, unassuming, one dimensional yet highly enjoyable cigar. Nice little 30 minute smoke. It's nice to have friends who know where to get good cigars at the drop of a hat. I'm a big fan of simple small format cigars, and this is a good one in my book. There is nothing pretentious about this cigar.

nesta likes this.
  8. Johnny Dingo

At the end, we get some solid old tobacco taste. Not unpleasant, mind, but I can feel it coming up to something unpleasant. I would pick up a couple more of these for a day smoke at an all-day low ABV beer session, like one of my buddy Joe's barbeques. We get down to what my old homeboys back in the day would call "the soup." Better to quit before things get chewy. An enjoyable smoke, over all, though, but no Curivara.

Tomorrow we shall likely experiment more.

9. Johnny Dingo

That Kristoff was still hangin around my house this morning, and I've a feeling that I'm going to hear about it when I get home tonight. I think I may have to keep to the shorter cigars while smoking in the basement.

It was totally worth it.

10. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Bolivar Royal Corona, Boli Belicosos Finos, LFD Double Ligero lancero.

11. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I was gonna bring Nestas mystery cigar he sent me to work today . But it was rainy and i didn't want it ruined ... so lit a Muriel Coronella ...... http://www.famous-smoke.com/muriel+coronella+cigars/item+33030
    If it's smoked slow .. it tastes ok almost all the way down . I enjoyed it while I was on a roof staining dormers

12. CaKy

CaKy Member

13. Moose

Moose Active Member

I have heard good things about those Papas Fritas. Some say they are similar to the Liga #9 as they are made with some of the same tobacco.

14. CaKy

CaKy Member

Well they are excellent little smokes. BUT...way over priced and I got a feeling it's 99.9% in the marketing rather than rare, unique, costly, etc tobacco. It has been said they are the sweepings off the #9 floors so nothing is wasted but I hesitate at most all cigar hype nowadays. That said...cigars are either something you're gonna pay for or you ain't. This is likened to a very nice very petite filet mignon at the rotating restaurant at the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas. It's a whole lot about the experience and not much about the fullness of the belly...but what little bit is there, is sho'nuff good! Sometimes you don't want that Doble Corona # 9.

That said, I had some gifted to me when they first hit by a shop owner that I visit a couple times a month when I'm on the road. He knew what he was doing. I can't walk out now without a tin or 2.

15. Moose

Moose Active Member

I have heard the same complaint about the pricing. Like you say it is either the marketing or the expensive tin they come in. Unfortunatley anything Jonathan Drew is putting out in the Liga line is selling ridiculous right now. I will have to try them, just to say I did.

16. CaKy

CaKy Member

I swear this past week ONE single little French Fry bid up to $16. Free market capitalism at it's finest. Drew's on a big roll and it's not slowing down in the near future it seems. He's bringing more new stuff here very shortly.

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

La Aurora Principe :th1:

18. Russ

Russ Member

19. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

^ You know you're supposed to take that cedar and ribbons off before you light that thing, right? Just noticed you'd already cut it, so I figured I'd fill you in on that. You're welcome, by the way. Let no one ever say I wasn't looking out for ya.

Having another Quintero as I read all this stuff you guys are saying about Liga, and feeling much more secure about my purchase of that box. I mean, a box of the Toros, plus a free Camacho Liberty 2012, for $250, can't really complain about that, especially since there are people paying $16 for a single Papas Fritas. My B&M has tins of them that I haven't been buying, but maybe I should. Sounds like I could make some money. :D

psquared, CaKy and Spillproof like this.
  20. CaKy

CaKy Member

You might Mandolin but it would be bad if the bids were coming from the inside.

(I need to learn to be more trusting and less cynical)

Mount Mandolin and Spillproof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.