1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I don't think that's how aging works.
    And if it does, it's stupid.
    :old:

psquared, smokinjoe and CaKy like this.
  2. Johnny Dingo

Johnny Dingo Writer of wrongs

Well she didn't say anything about the pervasive stench hovering around the house, so my decent into madness can continue unabated. Tonight's a drinking session night so I picked up something at Rocky's. I've already had one of these, but I liked it enough to grab another.

[​IMG]

And I picked up these, too.

[​IMG]

Oh, yeah, and this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I don't think I have a problem. I mean, I needed a proper place to store them, right?

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  3. Spillproof

You do not yet have a problem, but the symptoms of the disease become more apparent as the cycle progresses.
    Soon you will need more storage space, and so, a larger humidor (or coolidor, or both).
    Once you get those set up, you will feel compelled to fill them, and you will.

You'd think that once they are full you would be satisfied, but ooooh no.

You'll want different cigars. You'll want more cigars. You'll NEED them.

You'll see.

psquared, SidZiff and Johnny Dingo like this.
  4. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I'm lucky enough to realize I can't afford to only smoke "good" cigars....or even mostly! Yep, I have a full humidor, two plastic airtight food bins with humidifying jars, and a mostly full box of foil sealed cigars......most of them either cheapo machine made stogies, closeouts, seconds, or overruns.....there are more than one or two noteworthy exceptions, of course...but those are more of a rare treat.

I gotta say, I still got the bug...but enough discipline for now to keep me smoking such that I average out at less than two bucks worth of cigars a day......and I still get variety :)

Johnny Dingo likes this.
  5. CaKy

CaKy Member

Oooo...that T52. He's toast. Where's the next victim? D pap?

D-Pap and Johnny Dingo like this.
  6. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

This one is a real treat, and it's thanks to this board yet again.

[​IMG]

The famous Cohiba Lancero. I feel so cultured.

EDIT: OK, I'm in the final third of this thing (thirds are long with this one, lol), and I think I'm in love. This is in the top five cigars I've ever smoked, CC or otherwise. It is outrageously good. So stupendous. (That's an obscure song reference for ya's.) Seriously though. The real tragedy is that these are seriously expensive. Probably out-of-reach expensive. Sigh. I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, then. And at the rate this thing is burning, I've got at least 20 more minutes, so that's good.

Double Edit: It's hard to say when something is the BEST you've ever had, but I think that was the best cigar I've ever smoked. Only thing I can think of that would stand up to it is a Partagas Lusitania. Guess I like strong cigars. I put it out ten minutes ago, and I can still taste it. And no I won't try to describe what it tastes like, but it's outrageous. So stupendous.

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  7. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

La Aurora Corojito....last smoke of the day. This is nice :th1:

8. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Bout to head out to the library...bring a few Principes with me, of course :th1:

Marker and Spillproof like this.
  9. Russ

Russ Member

10. Moose

Moose Active Member

Had an Alec Bradley K147 this morning. These are a Nicaraguan puro. I've had several out of a box and they have lots of flavor.

Marker, Mount Mandolin and Spillproof like this.
  11. CaKy

CaKy Member

Dug around and yanked out a cheapie just to re-visit after a year or so rest. A box-pressed Torano '59 Exodus choc'late bar. Not bad for a $1.59 moustache trimmer.

[​IMG]

psquared, Marker, Russ and 1 other person like this.
  12. Russ

Russ Member

13. Johnny Dingo

Last night had an Illusione F-9 in addition to the CAO. Good smokes, the both of them.

psquared, CaKy, Marker and 3 others like this.
  14. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Only my 3rd CC. And at one cigar a week, it's hard not to like whatever I'm smoking.
    That being said, this was excellent (not as good as a Bolivar) but very tastey. I'm finding the cigars that start out a little peppery/spicey, really mellow out on the second 1/2.
    [​IMG]

psquared, CaKy, Spillproof and 2 others like this.
  15. Russ

Russ Member

Well John said its Paratgas Saturday....

[​IMG]

psquared, CaKy, Marker and 3 others like this.
  16. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Partagas are my second favorite CC I've ever had, and I've tried all the major marcas now. Only thing that I've had that topped a Partagas was that Cohiba Lancero I smoked last night. And maybe it's because I smoked so many super spicy NCs before I ever tried a CC, but I've never found Partagas to be very spicy at all, just really warm, leathery, and toasty. I love them.

Spillproof and Russ like this.
  17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

+1 though I do like the Cohiba Siglo III s I've smoked...Partagas is darn high on the list. Prefer them to the Romeo y Julietas I've had by a country mile. I liked the Hoyo I had almost as much as the Partagas, but not quite....very close though. The Montecristo and Cuaba, if I recall, were just darn fine, too though....man, I forget them sometimes in the hundreds of cigars I've smoked, but there were some good ones.

There's a Bolivar in my humidor I was gifted by a generous PSFer, but that will wait for a while most likely. Still, I have been wanting to try an authentic Boli for ages now....just a few more months, and I'll likely crumble. Probably on my birthday :)

18. Spillproof

OK I'm in:
    [​IMG]
    Serie P No. 2 for me, QdO for a friend.

19. Johnny Dingo

[​IMG]

Going with a Torano tonight. Little tight on the draw, but I'm liking it.

20. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Enjoyed a Torano Virtuoso Encore last night. I think these are nicer than the Exodus series which is saying a lot. Great bang for the buck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.