1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marker

Marker Active Member

Who was it that wanted some Onyx and Padron? I found some and will send a picture to see what you want to trade for it.

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Enjoying another Camacho Corojo Nationales

and a coke......:th1:

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

holy mackerel....wasn't expecting this...

So I was thinking, in the summer time I have no coat pockets to stash a cob and some tobacco while I'm at work so I can smoke on break. So I was thinking, it's easier to store one of those little tins of miniature cigars in a pocket just like a pack of cigarettes, and maybe I could find a brand that I enjoy.

Well I was wanting to give something new a try, like Parodi or something. The shop I went to didn't have anything like that, so I picked up a five pack of Villiger Export Maduro.

Just had the first one of them....and I loved it! I mean, nothing to write home about, not an amazing cigar....but not simply smokeable, downright enjoyable!

4X37, machine made, short or mixed filler, and made (of all places!) in Switzerland....but it tasted like a quality cigar, no burn issues, smoked slowly, medium bodied flavor, just a touch of nicotine, nice aroma.....everything about it clicked, except that both ends are open like the foot, so being short/mixed filler you can occasionally get some scraps in your mouth....but really....if I enjoy the rest of this pack as much as that one, I'm likely going to order a box of 50 sometime soon.

4. GlassSculptor

An Old Powder Keg corona from Battleground Cigars. I picked a few of these up from Connecticut Valley Tobacconist - Home.

Nice place and well worth a stop if you're in the area. I grabbed a couple Liga Undercrowns and some Kentucky Cheroots too...:)

[​IMG]

5. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Viaje oro, tatuaje (unknown blend) so far and a don pepin blue label for after dinner.

6. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Smoked a Cohiba & Montecristo today. But these are for a trade i'm doing with a PSF member for a few samples of his pipe tobacco.
    [​IMG]

Spillproof likes this.
  7. Marker

Marker Active Member

AJ Fernandez overrun today. Salomon. Quite enjoyable for a $2 cigar.

8. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Fonseca, courtesy of Marker:
    [​IMG]

psquared and Rewster66 like this.
  9. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I had a few cigarillos today....the new Romeo y Julieta machine mades from Spain....not worth the money, even when you get a 2 for 1 deal. Not nearly as atrocious as, say, Swisher or Optimo....not garbage-worthy, but also not worth paying for. I'll keep them until I run out so I have something for breaks at work.

On the plus side, my Excaliburs came today! So the only good cigar I smoked today was an Excalibur Maduro "Amatista" (corona)....it's pretty decent, and definitely worth the small price I paid.

10. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Puffing on one of these itty bitty baby Macanudos--a "Miniatures," I think? I quite like these little cigarillos, no matter what anyone says. It takes me forever to smoke a proper cigar, and these things are much more manageable.

Rewster66 likes this.
  11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I'm with ya LawMonkey. I have smoked a bunch of the Montecristo and Romeo & Julieta Petite Coronas and I love em.;)

LawMonkey likes this.
  12. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

13. GlassSculptor

That cigar looks tasty. The traffic, not so much. 14 mph? No thanks.....:beyes:

Last of my Punch Rare Corojo Elite five pack. All five were winners!

Old Frontier likes this.
  14. Marker

Marker Active Member

Sometimes the Freeway, isn't free.

gentimmy and GlassSculptor like this.
  15. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Smoked one of these today and really enjoyed it, although the draw was much tighter than I prefer.

Tatuaje Corona Especial
    [​IMG]

GlassSculptor and gentimmy like this.
  16. dwaugh

dwaugh Moderator Moderator

Nice photo, did you take it?

17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Nope, it is a stock photo.:)

18. GlassSculptor

My first Illusione MK Teaching Machine....... Mmkay....:D

[​IMG]

It's good......Mmkay.

Old Frontier likes this.
  19. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

So here's the obvious question--what are the "best of breed" for these kinda smokes? Partagas, like their full-grown cousins, I've found to be a bit unreliable in construction. Punches are ok. I've been pleased with these Macanudos, but I got them because they were all the place down the street sold, so I figure there has to be better.

Rewster66 likes this.
  20. MakDragon

MakDragon Well-Known Member

Just had a new Drew Estate Undercrown. Veeeeeerrrryyyy nice. Dark wrapper but extremely mild. I dont know exactly what to compare it to, but I like it. I got a 5 pack from C.I. and my brother and I had one. Both give a thumbs up on this new puro. I may let the other 3 sit for a month or 2 in the humidor to see if aging does anything to these guys. Will let you know.

Mount Mandolin and Rewster66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.