Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jammer

Jammer Active Member

This.

2. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Another Punch LC in my meerschaum holder. I'm a bit devoted to this combination in hopes of coloring the holder. (Partagas No. 4 is the back-up--it doesn't fit the holder as well, is not as well constructed and doesn't burn as evenly, but it does at least sort of work in the holder and I want to get rid of my box, so...)

3. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Can you post a picture of this holder?

4. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Ask and you shall receive:

[​IMG]

I've also had a separate thread about it. Generally speaking, I like it, silly as it is.

5. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

:laff:.............:)

Got some new ones to try for this weekend!

[​IMG]
    My Father Le Bijou 1922, Petit Robusto, Maduro, 50 x 4.5
    J Fuego Origen, Corona, Habano, 46 x 5.5
    Casa Magna, Corona, Habano, 46 x 6

6. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Looks cool! What is its function? does it cool the smoke a bit?

7. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

It does, and generally smoothes it out. Plus you can more easily smoke it down to the nib without burning your lips or nose!

8. GlassSculptor

I really like the idea that you can easily smoke down to a nub and possibly all of it (especially with the price of some cigars...:startl: ) but I do enjoy the taste of the wrapper on my lips as part of the smoking experience, though I must admit that I've been tempted to shove a nub into one of my pipes a time or two. I might just have to invest in one of those.

:th1:

**** The above J. Fuego Origen was a very tasty smoke! More sweet than spice and really well constructed.

9. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

You can get em cheap on the bay; mine was under $20. Nicer ones, obviously, can run more, but it's fairly low risk to try. Just check the ring gauge and get one suited to your favorite smoke. Also they keep the end from getting all chewed and nasty, if your a cIgar chomper.

10. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

I just lit up my first of the Fonseca overrun churchills....about 2 bucks for giant cigar....haven't had a churchill in a while, this thing is like a monster! First impression - heavy, dense, well rolled with no major cosmetic flaws, perfect draw and the first few puffs have had a mild, slightly sweet archetypal Dominican flavor to them. The type of mild cigar blend which, while tasty, just won't quite satisfy me unless it IS a really big smoke.

For 2 bucks this is a home run. I'm anxious to see what the rest will be like!

11. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

We'll check in with you in a week or two, nesta. :)

12. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

13. Old Frontier

Old Frontier Member

I just spent about $150 on a bunch of cheap (20) cigar boxes, and some higher-end samplers (scored 30 NUBs!) Can't wait. Gonna also be donating some to the USO in my area for the Military. :)

Rewster66 likes this.
  14. GlassSculptor

Excellent suggestion Marker! I had my first one last night and it was a very fine smoke indeed. Perfectly constructed, complex, delicious and just about perfect strength wise....:th1:

15. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

I thank you sir. It has been a long week, and I truly appreciate all the kind words from everyone here.

BTW, Marker...you are very generous brother. I will post separately to explain a little later everyone.

Rewster66 likes this.
  16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Cheap machine made gas station stogie.....Antonio y Cleopatra Grenadier again. Candela wrapper. Not great, but it's smokeable

17. colorduke

colorduke Active Member

Nothing fancy just a good old swisher sweet slim,while mowing grass.

Rewster66 likes this.
  18. GlassSculptor

Ending the day with a Camacho Corojo Nacionales.

Rewster66 likes this.
  19. DMWyatt

DMWyatt Member

Kristoff Kristannia toro with a Cuba Libre on the side. Awesome cigar... just... awesome!

Rewster66 likes this.
  20. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Another LC in the holder. It's been a bad night for me--I had several pints while watching Ireland fail against Croatia, then headed over to see The Good, the Bad and The Ugly at Film Forum. Sadly, I was tipsy enough to want a smoke, so I picked up a pack of Camels and have had a few. Back home again, though, I can smoke like the proper gentleman I am before turning in for the evening.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.