Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Revisiting the Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte - Cordoba after a few years. Recently saw a b&m with a box for once and so I picked one up.

Yep, still a darn fine, reliable, affordable smoke :)

Tasty puffin here

GlassSculptor likes this.
  2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

I keep meaning to try these. I enjoyed their double maduro as a first smoke of the day with a good cup of coffee. The Extra Fuerte sounds like a great after lunch smoke.

About to fire up another Tatuaje Petite Cazadores.

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

The Extra Fuerte is good, and if you generally smoke milder cigars these would be strong. In my opinion, though, they're medium, despite the name. When they were conceived of and first released, there's a good chance they'd be on the stronger end of the market spectrum, but with increasingly potent cigars available these days, not to mention the fact that I smoke a lot and often gravitate towards strong tobacco whether reaching for a pipe or a cigar, I am unfazed by them. They're tasty, they're strong enough, but I wouldn't say they're strong. After lunch or even with a cup of coffee in the morning would be just fine. I love coronas, but for a nightcap you might want a larger stick with this blend.

GlassSculptor likes this.
  4. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

And what a lovely smoke it was. I am tempted to have another tonight, but my pipes have been sorely neglected of late. Decisions! :confused:

5. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Smoked two Oliva Serie V Lancero's yesterday and I have come to the resolution that I have no choice but to order more. I love them.:)

GlassSculptor and Marker like this.
  6. Marker

Marker Active Member

Oliva V are in my top 5 and consistently good. Never had an issue with one. Every vitola seems to work which is rare for a blend. The V maddies are a special treat. They are not head and shoulders above a regular Liga V but a great cigar as well.

For you budget people out there the Nica Libre Potentia smokes very similar to the Oliva V but the contruction is not as solid. Also it is some short filler and second tier leaf used but same factory as the V. I believe they use some lesser rollers on these.

GlassSculptor, Rewster66 and psquared like this.
  7. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The consistency of them is impressive and I love the draw on them, in my opinion it is nearly perfect. :)

8. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I got to thinking about this again just now and went to look at JR and Cigars International and couldn't find it. Is it part of the main Punch line, or is it one of their sub-brands?

9. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

Baby Face

Rewster66 likes this.
  10. GlassSculptor

11. Marker

Marker Active Member

Much bigger fan of the T52 than the No.9.

psquared likes this.
  12. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

13. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

Tatuaje Fausto - Avion 11. Wow. I don't think I have ever smoked a cigar that fast. What a smoke :snork:

GlassSculptor and gentimmy like this.
  14. GlassSculptor

I'll get to those eventually,,, maybe,,, if I find one....

What's that old saying? A liga 9 in the hand is worth two 52's in a bush or something like that......:D

gentimmy likes this.
  15. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Derpyderp. Not sure how I missed that. Maybe I'll poke my head in Barclay Rex and see if they carry it.

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

If you get a couple, let me know how they draw. I might be interested in a box sometime if they're good!

17. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

No luck; they didn't carry Punch at all, actually. They did have a Macanudo in basically the same vitola that looked vaguely interesting.

18. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

AWESOME smoke...may have one tonight in fact...or a #9...damn you guys are giving me too many ideas

GlassSculptor and BigJ like this.
  19. GlassSculptor

at the 1/2 way point of a Tatuaje 7th Reserva.

:th1:

20. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Indian Tabac Maduro Tomahawk 6.0'' X 52 ring gauge.

Had what amounted to one of the best smokes that I've ever had. The cigar surprised me with how strong it started off, but by the after about ten minutes it settled in delivered some absolutely delicious creamy chocolate flavor with hints of leather. Seemed fairly high in the Nic. department especially for about 15 minutes but when it settles down I thought it was amazing. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.