Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Is somebody gonna end up selling a bunch of piping supplies to build up a big ol' stash?

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Ya know,,,, I've been contemplating doing that very same thing.

gentimmy likes this.
  3. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The farther I go down the stogie road it keeps getting harder to find a place to turn around.:)

gentimmy and Timmy like this.
  4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I'm definitely gonna be letting a few pipes go to get my cooler set up going

Rewster66 likes this.
  5. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Firing up a Pura Sangre... So far.. this is a nice tasty stick!

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

For the first time in over a week I haven't smoked a cigar today...just my pipes. Thing is I like pipe tobacco better in most cases, but pipes are a lot more finicky and sometimes I just want a good, enjoyable, but mindless smoke. Cigars are excellent for that. And now that I found a relatively affordable brand that I thoroughly enjoy at least as much as smoking a pipe, it's hard to justify the effort of smoking a pipe instead of just grabbing a parodi/avanti/de nobili/etc. from the pack lighting up and going on with whatever else I was going to do.

That said, I'm about to go back to school, and affordability is really a relative idea. Even buying in large quantities online, a 70 cent cigar is still more expensive than the bowl of Presbyterian Mixture I just enjoyed, or the Five Brothers I smoked on my ride in to work or the bowl of Bosun Cut Plug after work. I'll probably get another case of Parodis and one of Avanti before I head off to school, but I hope to get back to smoking my pipes most of the time!

That said, I'm still seriously considering firing up a stogie before bed! :oops:

7. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Ha! I had one today as well. It wasn't bad at all...again, probably wouldn't stock a humi with them. I think it's just too big for my liking.

8. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

It was one big ole smoke.. But I enjoyed it enough to smoke it down to the last spicy inch.. very enjoyable.. WAY outside of anything I could afford at almost 9 bucks a stick. Maybe if I hit the lotto, I could get a box..LMAO!

9. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Having just given up on a half-bowl of Cumberland that refused to stay lit, I've decided on a quick Montecristo Memory before bed.

10. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

And it was my second smoke of the day. Started off with an Avion

11. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Since I got my hands on these handmade sticks, I've been smoking one ever 3 or 4 days... I'm down to my last two.. so it might be a while before I fire them up... at least until I can score a few more..lol

12. GlassSculptor

another Tatuaje Petite Cazadores.
    [​IMG]

??????

[​IMG]

13. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Kitty is not impressed.

14. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

but that snake is. Gonna be smoking here in a few...probably an OR Triunfador

15. GlassSculptor

She's not impressed with much else but she'll scarf down a chipmunk in a heartbeat though. Go figure.

Oliva V Belicoso.

16. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]
    Smoked the Little Wolf yesterday, and for some reason felt the need to take tasting notes (I never do that)

The first 1/3 started with a blast in the pepper that slowly transitioned into more cedar on the retrohale.

Transitioning from the 1/3 to the 2/3, I had a strange taste of Lacquer...almost like what the painted box smelled like. This "Lacquer" taste lasted for only a minute and turned sweeter with every puff until cocoa dominated with a bit of an earthy/woody undertone.

3/3 was a ton of cedar...which is weird to me because I've always felt the last third to be the most mellow

Thanks for listening to my "review"...here's an obligatory dog pic:
    [​IMG]

GlassSculptor and Rewster66 like this.
  17. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I continue to slowly work my way through my remaining Partagi Nos. 4, currently using the holder.

18. GlassSculptor

A Camacho Corojo Natural Nacionales and :ccup:.

19. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

My Uzi weighs a ton. Not too bad so far (only 1/3 of the way through it) if anything major happens, I'll update.

20. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

Took a long lunch yesterday. Went downtown and ate pizza outside and stopped in the cigar shop and got an AF Flor Fina 8-9-8 Maduro.

Smoked half of it sitting across the Cape Fear from the Battleship North Carolina and then smoked the other half on the drive home.

GlassSculptor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.