1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Is somebody gonna end up selling a bunch of piping supplies to build up a big ol' stash?

2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Ya know,,,, I've been contemplating doing that very same thing.

gentimmy likes this.
  3. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The farther I go down the stogie road it keeps getting harder to find a place to turn around.:)

gentimmy and Timmy like this.
  4. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I'm definitely gonna be letting a few pipes go to get my cooler set up going

Rewster66 likes this.
  5. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Firing up a Pura Sangre... So far.. this is a nice tasty stick!

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

For the first time in over a week I haven't smoked a cigar today...just my pipes. Thing is I like pipe tobacco better in most cases, but pipes are a lot more finicky and sometimes I just want a good, enjoyable, but mindless smoke. Cigars are excellent for that. And now that I found a relatively affordable brand that I thoroughly enjoy at least as much as smoking a pipe, it's hard to justify the effort of smoking a pipe instead of just grabbing a parodi/avanti/de nobili/etc. from the pack lighting up and going on with whatever else I was going to do.

That said, I'm about to go back to school, and affordability is really a relative idea. Even buying in large quantities online, a 70 cent cigar is still more expensive than the bowl of Presbyterian Mixture I just enjoyed, or the Five Brothers I smoked on my ride in to work or the bowl of Bosun Cut Plug after work. I'll probably get another case of Parodis and one of Avanti before I head off to school, but I hope to get back to smoking my pipes most of the time!

That said, I'm still seriously considering firing up a stogie before bed! :oops:

7. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Ha! I had one today as well. It wasn't bad at all...again, probably wouldn't stock a humi with them. I think it's just too big for my liking.

8. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

It was one big ole smoke.. But I enjoyed it enough to smoke it down to the last spicy inch.. very enjoyable.. WAY outside of anything I could afford at almost 9 bucks a stick. Maybe if I hit the lotto, I could get a box..LMAO!

9. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Having just given up on a half-bowl of Cumberland that refused to stay lit, I've decided on a quick Montecristo Memory before bed.

10. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

And it was my second smoke of the day. Started off with an Avion

11. Darkly

Darkly Active Member

Since I got my hands on these handmade sticks, I've been smoking one ever 3 or 4 days... I'm down to my last two.. so it might be a while before I fire them up... at least until I can score a few more..lol

12. GlassSculptor

another Tatuaje Petite Cazadores.
    [​IMG]

??????

[​IMG]

13. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

Kitty is not impressed.

14. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

but that snake is. Gonna be smoking here in a few...probably an OR Triunfador

15. GlassSculptor

She's not impressed with much else but she'll scarf down a chipmunk in a heartbeat though. Go figure.

Oliva V Belicoso.

16. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]
    Smoked the Little Wolf yesterday, and for some reason felt the need to take tasting notes (I never do that)

The first 1/3 started with a blast in the pepper that slowly transitioned into more cedar on the retrohale.

Transitioning from the 1/3 to the 2/3, I had a strange taste of Lacquer...almost like what the painted box smelled like. This "Lacquer" taste lasted for only a minute and turned sweeter with every puff until cocoa dominated with a bit of an earthy/woody undertone.

3/3 was a ton of cedar...which is weird to me because I've always felt the last third to be the most mellow

Thanks for listening to my "review"...here's an obligatory dog pic:
    [​IMG]

GlassSculptor and Rewster66 like this.
  17. LawMonkey

LawMonkey Member

I continue to slowly work my way through my remaining Partagi Nos. 4, currently using the holder.

18. GlassSculptor

A Camacho Corojo Natural Nacionales and :ccup:.

19. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

My Uzi weighs a ton. Not too bad so far (only 1/3 of the way through it) if anything major happens, I'll update.

20. Slow Tri

Slow Tri Is it Friday yet?

Took a long lunch yesterday. Went downtown and ate pizza outside and stopped in the cigar shop and got an AF Flor Fina 8-9-8 Maduro.

Smoked half of it sitting across the Cape Fear from the Battleship North Carolina and then smoked the other half on the drive home.

GlassSculptor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.