Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CaKy

CaKy Member

Yup, can you believe they went to that extreme for one Camacho?

2. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

After all the marketing and finance classes I've completed, I shed a tear thinking about the cost of the packaging and "advertisement" included. They must be desperate. There's something different about this corojo too, it's way better than ones I've had in the past.

edit: halfway into the second third I'm getting small hints of ammonia. If you've got one, I'd give it another couple weeks to a month.

3. CaKy

CaKy Member

Too late. Mine went up in smoke this past week. It was good...my fav is the 11/18.

gentimmy likes this.
  4. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Ha! Jesus, I hate Ohio State. They're virtually the only non-SEC team that I will sit and actively root against. I can't tell you why either, I've just always hated them. As far as today, I'm an Auburn fan, but I was rooting for Nick and his boys today. Got quite a few friends with younger siblings on that team, and a HS classmate of mine played for Saban while Ingram was there and won some rings. Auburn fans hate UGA and UA, so I rooted for the home state team.

Smoking a Cain F corona. Again, not very complex, but quite good and well worth the $3/cigar that I paid for them. They get deeper and better every week too. Coffee, cocoa, and wood. Simple and delicious, and it's an Oliva product so you know the construction is top notch.

Edit: There are cinnamon type spice notes showing up in this thing. What a nice surprise. There's more to these after all.

psquared and Spillproof like this.
  5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Cain F's are great...interesting enough they were born from the NUB line and Sam Leccia. Met Sam at an event, cool dude. He looks like the Criss Angel of the cigar world...except he's not a douche

Albert, Spillproof and Mount Mandolin like this.
  6. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

That's a good day right there.

And no, I have not received any love from Camacho, thanks for asking.:(

SidZiff and Spillproof like this.
  7. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

[​IMG]

these get a lot of hype...I'm not seein' it. I mean, it's a decent cigar...but not what everyone's saying they are.

Rewster66, Mount Mandolin and Marker like this.
  8. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Excalibur Black Knight and it was ................, OK. :)

9. Russ

Russ Member

2 from today...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

Brazillia GOL and a LaRikky #5 rake'n leaves and doin the X-Mas yard/house decorating....and about 8 Sam Adams Winter lagers!

11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Russ what are you thoughts on those Man O'Wars?

12. Russ

Russ Member

Top 5 for me.
    That was the Maddy. I will take either or. If I watch them like a hawk on the devil site, I can score them for under $4 a stick. I like them so much I would make them a 2-3 times a week smoke if I can get enough of them at the right price.

psquared, SidZiff and Mount Mandolin like this.
  13. CaKy

CaKy Member

Last one today...I think. My fav Curivari in the series...Reserva Limitada 1000

[​IMG]

Rewster66 and Russ like this.
  14. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

The only ones that I've had are the 5x42 Corona Maduro's but I absolutely love them. The strength of the spice right off the light is just awesome and I love the large amounts of beautiful white smoke that these things give. I like the flavor profile all the way to the nub.
    I only have about 6-7 left so I'm going to have to stock up, that is why I keep watching you guys that know your stuff. ;)

15. CaKy

CaKy Member

They had a run of MOW Ruination in the corona size. I gobbled up all I could. They're good too. You'd like the My Father LE corona too I am betting. Boxes of 10. Mmmm. But they've caught on and it's hard to find em $ right.

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  16. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

smoked a Oliva G on the way in to work, a Joya antono after I got home and then for some late evening running around it was a Undercrown

Albert and psquared like this.
  17. Albert

Albert Active Member

Hazy's in business now boys... pat yourselves on the back :toast:

18. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

just had a really ****ty RyJ that my buddy offered me...i couldn't turn him down or turn my nose up to the stick. He's not too well off and was obviously very happy to be able to offer me something, as he often smokes out of my humidor.

Russ, Rewster66, SidZiff and 2 others like this.
  19. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Had one of these while at the golf course today: Swag Puro Dominicano
    [​IMG]

A little spicy right off the light but not much for flavor, then about a half inch in it started warming up and got a really nice red peppery hit with slightly woody and leathery notes. This little cigar burned really well, pretty sharp with no wobble but the odd thing was that the ash would not even hold even close to a half an inch and would fall off easily, (didn't really like that).
    I didn't find it amazing in any way but it was strong enough to suit me.

Any of you guys ever had one? :)

20. Russ

Russ Member

I picked up a couple of these a while back, smoked the first one tonight. I was pleasantly surprised.

[​IMG]

psquared and Mount Mandolin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.