Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snookman

Snookman Member

La Gloria Cubana Churchill after Christmas dinner, yum.

HazyDat620 and Rewster66 like this.
  2. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Over at a buddy's house eating and Smoking.

Had a Camacho Conneticut and a Fuente Short Story before dinner.
    Have a LdC Mi Amor and a Fuente Shark for later.

3. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Finishing up a JDN Antano dark corojo Peligroso.

I had an Asylum 13 robusto last night and enjoyed the heck out of it. The first half inch was pretty intense and then it settled down to a very delicious smoke. I've smoked about four of these so far and each one left the same impression. Nice stick!
    *****I read on Asylum's FaceBook page that they are coming out with an 80 ring gauge monster..........:shead:I think I'll stick with the 54 and under gauges thank you very much..:)

mojo66, Rewster66 and Spillproof like this.
  4. CaKy

CaKy Member

No puzzle to this one...

[​IMG]

Rewster66 and gentimmy like this.
  5. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

what's the year on that opus?

Rewster66 likes this.
  6. CaKy

CaKy Member

Asylum's had a 7 x 70 called the 13, IIRC. La Flor Dom just brought a 10 x 60...yes...10 inch x 60 ring behemoth (LFD Doomsday 2012 Meaner Digger), to a single B&M up east. I looked at the Asylum 13 in my local and it looked really vulgar. I told the boss they outta come with a condom.

Rewster66 and Mount Mandolin like this.
  7. CaKy

CaKy Member

'At's one of this year's, Sir Timmy. I've had a few laying around from the latest batch and they are not overwhelming but they're kinda like sex...the worst I ever had was just wonderful. At least it was if I remember it right. The sex, that is...not the cigar. I remember them well.

Rewster66 and gentimmy like this.
  8. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

I literally just laughed out loud

my smoke tonight:
    [​IMG]

9. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Copious, very copious amounts of wine, mostly red Bordeaux from my "wine guy" uncle's cellar, combined with a Partagas Lusitania. Massive cigar, one of the best from "the island" that I've ever had. Magnificent.

See, told you I've had a bunch of wine. I just described a cigar as magnificent. It really is though. The Lusi has earned that adjective. Merry Christmas, folks!

10. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

just got done putting a good dent in Slauhter house five on the new kindle with a San Lotano Habano that kicked my arse at the end, almost sick, still recovering.

11. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Love me some, Vonnegut. Read that in 8th grade...definitely raised an eyebrow with the teachers during reading days

12. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

“Well, here we are, Mr. Pilgrim, trapped in the amber of this moment. There is no why.”

That quote is a great example of why I am an English major, studying the English language. It's two fairly simple sentences, absolutely loaded, dripping, with meaning. Vonnegut, in this young and idealistic English major's opinion, was one of the great 20th century masters. Give me Vonnegut over Hemingway all day, every day of the week. The guy was a visionary.

Rewster66, HazyDat620 and SidZiff like this.
  13. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

yes, It is quite the page turner, I was never into reading as a young adult, I enjoy it immensely now, especially accompanied by a nice cigar. there are lots of great lines in the book and a style I haven't experienced yet, The list of a 100 is a gonna be fun getting through, I just wish I would have found it when I was a lot younger cause I think I missed out on a lot of good stuff.

gentimmy, SidZiff and Rewster66 like this.
  14. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Looking for a little help here fellas. Either I need to go back to school or Marker does. He and I got in a trade and he was supposed to send me 1 cigar, and after me telling him just 1 he re-assured me there would be just 1.

Here is what he sent:[​IMG]

Now either he or I need to learn how to count because to me this looks like more than 1.

Thanks a million Marker, I owe you big time bro. because these are some sweet sticks. :nwor:

15. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

was a nicks stick while I got into " For Whom The Bell Tolls"

MikeyJ and Rewster66 like this.
  16. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

Looks like one (package) to me...:whis: He's tricksy, he is.

17. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Yep, that is clearly what he was thinking too.................., but I'm not mad at him. :ohyh:

18. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Fuente Anejo Shark...oh yeah!

19. HazyDat620

HazyDat620 Member

A rare occasion, Mama's letting me smoke in the office with the window open. Was gonna smoke a Casa Torano for the outside sitting, but different occasion, different smoke...lets see, a Camacho Corojo should do.

Mount Mandolin and Rewster66 like this.
  20. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

One of the best "budget" cigars on the market IMO. They run around $4.99 here in Colorado and I can't get enough of 'em! Good choice!

HazyDat620 and Rewster66 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.