Todays Stogie - Watcha Puffin?

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by Mister Moo, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigJ

BigJ Active Member

How are those? Been wanting to pick one up.

Rewster66 likes this.
  2. GlassSculptor

GlassSculptor Active Member

Pick up more than one.....:D

The first half inch or so is pretty bold and then it settles down a bit. I really enjoy them! Great flavor and construction.

Rewster66 and BigJ like this.
  3. Albert

Albert Active Member

Alec Bradley Prensado ..... another santa stick. super tasty so far!!!!:th1:

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

Following it up with an Alec Bradley American.... AB in the house tonight!

Update: bummed out about how poorly the american is smoking. it ran up one side so bad i fel like im smoking a hot dog bun. I was really hoping this one would burn well because it tastes so good.

Rewster66 likes this.
  5. Albert

Albert Active Member

looks like I corrected the second half by snipping it off half way into the cherry. not a bad trick. anyone do this?

6. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

Perdomo 20th Anniversary...again! Love this smoke!
    [​IMG]

7. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

CAO Gold Maduro Robusto - I'd like to say it was great but I have no idea, I've been fighting with my sinuses since before the holidays and I just really didn't get any taste out of it at all.

On the other hand it didn't taste bad so maybe that's an improvement. :)

psquared likes this.
  8. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Birthday stick: Camacho Corojo figurado/piramides. Satisfying as always. Been a long, not-so-relaxing birthday, so this is a nice relief. Johnnie Walker on the side doesn't hurt either. :)

9. psquared

psquared DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...

10. Albert

Albert Active Member

HAppy Birthday MM! Hope this year brings you good times, good tunes, great smokes, and funny jokes! :toast:

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  11. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

I absolutely love those things Spill!

12. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

13. andysc83

andysc83 Member

One of my faves

[​IMG]

Rewster66, psquared and Spillproof like this.
  14. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Had an OpusX and an Esteban Carreras Chupa Cabra.
    I know the name ChupaCabra is silly, but they're a dang good smoke.

15. Rockabilly J

Rockabilly J Member

CAO Criollo. I'm waiting for CAO to make a bad cigar; haven't had one yet.

16. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Try the CAO America :doh:

Okay, those aren't bad, I just don't think they're awesome, and think they're pretty gimmicky. I think probably I'm just biased against the wrapper!

Most CAO are very good....at worst, they're quality but not too memorable, like the Traviata or the Gold, at best they're superb, like the Criollo or Brazilia.

There is a very strong possibility that I might smoke a cigar tonight despite being a little under the weather. I just really want one. If I do, I'll probably snip the Partagas Spanish Rosado churchill I've had in the humidor for a while

17. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Well, I was jonesin for a cigar pretty badly, but even though it's warm enough to open the windows and turn on some fans, the weather isn't conducive to smoke a Churchill tonight....nor is my health. But I did cave, and I'm smoking a smaller cigar.

I chose a maduro wrapped Excalibur corona...I think the shape was only available as a specialty from JR...they came in a plastic box of 20 or 25, which I got on closeout for about 50 bucks....

Some of the best 2 dollar cigars I've ever smoked, even if I'd like it to be a bit more full bodied

edit: about an inch into the stick, and this is just lovely. And I'll be perfectly content sticking with a corona tonight, it's the perfect size for when you don't have a sunny, warm afternoon to lounge around outside while smoking. Actually, I wish more of my favorite blends were produced as smaller cigars....coronas are one of my favorite sizes

18. CaKy

CaKy Member

Was given a tin of Jonathan's French Fries this past week at the B&M...Papas Fritas...supposedly (machine) made from the scraps of the Liga Privada # 9 sticks. A decent short smoke but I ain't paying $5 a fry for these. As long as they're free, I'll smoke em all day.

[​IMG]

Mount Mandolin and psquared like this.
  19. SidZiff

SidZiff Member

La Aurora 1495 Robusto - Getting close to beating my sinuses into submission but still not quite there

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  20. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

I've been battling that crap for awhile now. It has finally subsided somewhat, despite having just returned to a university full of snuffling, disease-carrying students. I subscribe to the George Carlin theory about germs, though. Basically, I don't go out of my way to wash my hands and all that. Know why? Because your immune system needs germs to practice on. :D I did get a flu shot this year though, and it's worked so far. Fingers crossed that my luck will continue in that regard.

Having another Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure No. 2 tonight, because I can't keep my grubby hands off of them. They really need to lay down for a couple of months. This one is tasty, and it's showing me how great it will be before too long, but they've got a little ways to go yet before they reach their full potential, in my highly expert amateur newbie opinion. Back to work and school tomorrow, have a great week gents!

SidZiff, CaKy and HazyDat620 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.